Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Jun 15

With the greatest hits coming out in a couple weeks from your old label, I was wondering if you still own the rights to your songs. I know you guys owed one last album with Interscope/Geffen but it seems wierd to have it released after you guys left the label. And with Dave gone it seems like you can't re-release any old songs on a greatest hits or anything without the label. So with Dave and your major label gone, do you guys still have any song rights?
Music=Life

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Jun 16

I think it would be sad if they didn't have the rights to songs that they worked on with passion and effort. I sure hope that is not the case and that they still have the rights to them.

2. RE: Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Jun 16

crazeh boi wrote:
    I think it would be sad if they didn't have the rights to songs that they worked on with passion and effort. I sure hope that is not the case and that they still have the rights to them.

I think they might with the label and all 'cause Time for Annihilation is on Eleven Seven but if they can release the songs on a live album they might still have the rights. Plus they're friends with Motley Crue and they have the rights to all their songs. And I think Dave only gets paid for when their songs are re-released.
    Music=Life

3. RE: Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Jun 17

Interscope/Geffen probably owns the rights to their previous songs, don't know about b-sides.

4. RE: Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Jun 22

Yup. they're Geffen's. and B-sides recorded with Geffen's money. Live CDs are exempt. because the song isn't the same live as it is on the album so it isn't the same song. No old B-sides can be released anymore.

5. RE: Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Jun 22

Devilmandex wrote:
    Yup. they're Geffen's. and B-sides recorded with Geffen's money. Live CDs are exempt. because the song isn't the same live as it is on the album so it isn't the same song. No old B-sides can be released anymore.

Except for "Just Go", since thats gonna be on the greatest hits album. I guess this will be the first and only greatest hits album we get from Papa Roach...
    Music=Life

6. RE: Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Jun 22

Ryan Nolan wrote:
    Devilmandex wrote:

Except for "Just Go", since thats gonna be on the greatest hits album. I guess this will be the first and only greatest hits album we get from Papa Roach...
    Music=Life

yeah dont buy the greatest hits CD, Papa Roach is getting no money from it....so just stick with buying their Live CD.

7. RE: Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Jun 22

M-Neff wrote:
    Ryan Nolan wrote:
    Devilmandex wrote:

Music=Life

yeah dont buy the greatest hits CD, Papa Roach is getting no money from it....so just stick with buying their Live CD.

That's just what I was gonna put down.
    To Be Loved is Geffin's interpretation of a Greatest Hits. They're still releasing it even after PR got off their label and went onto Eleven Seven. All purchases made on To Be Loved will go to Geffin and Geffin alone, no profit towards the guys from PR. Time for Annihilation coming out August 31 is Papa Roach's actual album where they will receive profit.
    From what I've been hearing Coby's been trying to make it clear to not buy To Be Loved and make sure to buy Time for Annihilation, which basically validates what I said... :x

8. RE: Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Jun 23

Emily \m/(^_^)\m/ wrote:
    M-Neff wrote:
    Ryan Nolan wrote:
    Devilmandex wrote:

Music=Life

To Be Loved is Geffin's interpretation of a Greatest Hits. They're still releasing it even after PR got off their label and went onto Eleven Seven. All purchases made on To Be Loved will go to Geffin and Geffin alone, no profit towards the guys from PR. Time for Annihilation coming out August 31 is Papa Roach's actual album where they will receive profit.
    From what I've been hearing Coby's been trying to make it clear to not buy To Be Loved and make sure to buy Time for Annihilation, which basically validates what I said... :x

everything that was said above. the record label seems to just be milking what they have left since pr isn't putting any more albums out for them.. Nice album artwork though lol
    Miss you Jimmy Rock In Peace

9. RE: Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Jun 24

SaveAHoPalermo wrote:
    Emily \m/(^_^)\m/ wrote:
    M-Neff wrote:
    Ryan Nolan wrote:
    Devilmandex wrote:

Music=Life

everything that was said above. the record label seems to just be milking what they have left since pr isn't putting any more albums out for them.. Nice album artwork though lol
    Miss you Jimmy Rock In Peace

Geez a lot of Record labels seem to be real assholes...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll buy my way to talk to god so he can live with what i'm not. The selfish blood runs through my veins...

10. Re: Do you guys still have the rights to your songs?

Aug 15

I think it fucking sucks if they dont, seeing as the guys wrote all of the fucking songs. Why is it that so many record labels are fucking idiots!?
    -LauZ
    foREVer....RIP Jimmy Sulivan...

Get the latest from Papa Roach!