Is there a way to get backstage tickets...?

Mar 08

does anyone know if theres a way to get backstage? can a person get them or no?
thanks

Replies to This Posting

1. Moderator

Mar 09

I feel like I've already answered a question like this on this forum already..but I can't find the thread...

anyways....backstage really isn't some cool place to be. lol. it's full of smelly grumpy roadies wanting to go on to the next city, and.....standing around doing nothing, being bored. ha.

it seems as though, the only people that can charm their way backstage are the *ahem* groupie girls

but really...mostly the only people that get real honest to goodness 'backstage passes' are production, crew, and band families and friends.

and you can always win meet and greets with PR on this site by signing up in the Tour dates page :D

2. Re:

Mar 09

or wait where you know theyll be *cough* tourbus *cough* x

3. Re:

Mar 09

Thanks.. wow ! doesnt really sound very fun then anyway..lol - getting front row sounds way better..lol - thanks again

4. I only know....

Mar 09

I just run to the tour busses after the show. But if you want to be leagle. Look up the pre-sale to the show you want to go to, because that is the best way to get the best tickets. Then, when you find out what time that will be on what day; make sure you get to either where it is going to be, or the website it will be at @ the exact time and day they go onsale... (have a credit card if you go online.) That is the best advice I can give you...
    Hope it helps,
    Love Destiny

5. Moderator

RE: Is there a way to get backstage tickets...?

Mar 09

neeniah wrote:
    Thanks.. wow ! doesnt really sound very fun then anyway..lol - getting front row sounds way better..lol - thanks again

haha front row is definitely better. people always think backstage is like full of rockstars and strippers and fireworks and people just hanging around and partying, and it's not...in the slightest.....at all xD

but yeah...as for meeting a band, I would say wait by the buses, because that's where they'll go to sit around rather than a green room [backstage] inside the venue

6. The Grass isn't Greener in the Greenroom!

Mar 10

I know from much experience of finagling my way backstage, that it isn't what many people expect when they get there. Yes, it is easier to get backstage if you are female, but not just because the band has ulterior motives. I'm not saying that some bands don't have these motives because some do, but you have to know how to handle yourself and just be smart when you find yourself in situations like those. PR in particular is great because they love to meet their fans, so it's pretty easy to track them down at shows, if your really just looking to "meet them." But, if you insist on seeing life from the other side of the barricade, learn to network and meet everyone you can from the road crew, to merch workers, to tour managers. If you don't act like a fool, (remember rockstars still have to wipe their ass at the end of the day just like us folks) chances are you can increase your probability of getting some down time with the band afterward, unless they have a early bus call that evening.

7. Moderator

Re:

Mar 10

very true...I second the above post :]

8. Re:

Mar 10

Well thank you :)

9. Fed avatar Fed

Re:

Mar 12

Backstage can be real fun. It depends which people you're with.

10. Moderator

Mar 12

Fed wrote:
    Backstage can be real fun. It depends which people you're with.

I wish I've experienced that. lol. backstage is just standing around being bored..no matter who you're with...lol even when you know people in production.

I think the most exciting time I had was at that Anaheim NAMM show...and all we did was stand around and wait, and then I had to climb on a chair so I didn't get run over by a road case...then I got to listen to some crazy people talking about crazy things..I have no idea how they got back there..and smelled people from the other band smoking pot in their green room. it was pretty much...lame lol

11. Re:

Mar 13

I have to agree, I have been backstage from both sides of the spectrum......as a fan, and as someone doing live sound, and in all honesty it is not all that much fun.

You have people running around trying to get their jobs done, the bands warming up (before the show), or relaxing after the show. Most of the time there are no parties backstage....they usually happen at a club after party or back at the hotel.

Honestly, the best place to be is out in front of the stage rocking out! And if you want a chance to meet the guys, try meet n' greets, VIP packages or the old stand by, hanging by the busses.

The guys in Hinder on Wednesday were hanging out at their bus after the Motley show signing and letting people take pictures!

12. Re:

Mar 16

lol i'd rather be on the nice side of the barrier as usual! x

Newsletter Signup