Bee avatar Bee

Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

Sep 14

To start, I think the basic rules that have been laid out are wonderful and are always needed. They set a good standard of what should be followed.

However, I do not think it's enough anymore. I think that there should be a limit on what is allowed to be said about or to the members of the band. Anything about family, personal lives, etc should be refrained from which most of the members on here have done. Secondly, I think a boundary of inappropriateness and immaturity needs to be set. This is, after all, a forum not high school. And although there are younger individuals on the boards, they do need to recognize this.

If a violation occurs, I think some type of reinforcement or consequence should be done. Even if it is to be banned for a day or an "infraction point" system would be nice.

If this cannot be done, then of course a quick and simple close of the thread is just fine and can take care of any problems.

Secondly, I feel as though the boards are sometimes not moderated enough or throughly. And you guys are always quick to answer or take care of a situation immediately if it is brought to your attention. So I do thank you. But, I do believe that there should be more attentiveness to some of the inappropriate threads.

Anyways. These are all suggestions based off of other forums that I have been onto. I thank you guys for looking into this and at least reading what I have to say. And if no action is taken, I understand completely. I am only trying to make the forum a bit more mature and friendly.

Thank you.

Replies to This Posting

  1. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 15

    you've gotta remember that Sammy and I had our mod tools removed because of management issues... though since we've not been moderating I don't think things have gone too badly. The older members of the site should set an example to the newer members x

  2. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 15

    I agree about the intruding into the band's personal life bit. But sometimes, some forms of immaturity are quite funny.

  3. Bee avatar Bee

    RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 15

    Setting an example is all fine and dandy. But some don't get it and I'll see some threads and just ask myself why it hasn't been closed.

    And, yes, immaturity can be funny, like I said we all have our immature moments. I'm saying threads like I saw yesterday with "if you picked one member of the band and had a bedroom who would you choose" I think THAT is immature and inappropriate. And threads like that should be closed. And yeah, I'd gladly point it out to the mods, but sometimes I feel like I'm bugging them. And that's why I think some of the threads aren't being looked through and closed. And I would like to see it happen more often.

    I just think we, as a Papa Roach family need to have a better rule system. And a list of topics that are and are not allowed.

  4. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 16

    Bee wrote:

    I just think we, as a Papa Roach family need to have a better rule system. And a list of topics that are and are not allowed.


    And what does it help if people
    1) dont read those rules
    2) dont care about them
    3) we dont have enough people to look through all the posts and moderate the whole?

    I clearly see your point, and for some things I really agree.
    But It´s like we wanna build a skyscraper on a not existing basement...

    Last but not least...I still beg for a search-function and a FAQ-list...

  5. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 16

    i can count to 10 without using my fingers and thumbs

  6. Bee avatar Bee

    RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 16

    Aurinko wrote:
    And what does it help if people
    1) dont read those rules
    2) dont care about them
    3) we dont have enough people to look through all the posts and moderate the whole?

    I clearly see your point, and for some things I really agree.
    But It´s like we wanna build a skyscraper on a not existing basement...

    Last but not least...I still beg for a search-function and a FAQ-list...


    If people do not follow those rules and don't care to look at them then you ban them for a day, or like I said you close the thread and finally we could have an infraction system. There are many ways of handling this.

    If there aren't enough mods, why don't they gather more? That seems silly. It's volunteer work after all.

    A Search and FAQ would definitely be nice.

  7. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 16

    do u moan this much in bed?

  8. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 16

    Bee wrote:


    If there aren't enough mods, why don't they gather more? That seems silly. It's volunteer work after all.



    Remember there were three Mods (myself, Sammy and Busta) who were all asked back in early Feb if we'd do it and we all said sure we all managed fine, things were sorted quick and efficitently. There are issues that need addressing but I'm sure ground ctrl have a lot more important things to work on :) x

  9. Bee avatar Bee

    RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 16

    Hybrid911 wrote:
    Remember there were three Mods (myself, Sammy and Busta) who were all asked back in early Feb if we'd do it and we all said sure we all managed fine, things were sorted quick and efficitently. There are issues that need addressing but I'm sure ground ctrl have a lot more important things to work on :) x


    Yeah, I guess. More mods would be nice. I'm tired of some of the crap on here is all. And since I can't do anything, to have others clean up the mess would be very much obliged.

  10. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 17

    Bee wrote:

    Yeah, I guess. More mods would be nice. I'm tired of some of the crap on here is all. And since I can't do anything, to have others clean up the mess would be very much obliged.


    kinda agree,,,best example would be a certain user´s posts on here *rolls eyes*

  11. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 17

    What happened to Busta anyway? She kinda gone......(O.O)

  12. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 17

    I didn't know the mods went...'poof', but i think some of this stuff makes perfect sense. However i'm sure their are enough more 'mature people' than people who are 'immature' we can aet a good example i think....right?

  13. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 17

    Recklezz wrote:
    wasted years wrote:
    do u moan this much in bed?


    *lmao*


    stop laughing, and act more mature :p

  14. Bee avatar Bee

    RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 17

    Bleedingclaw wrote:
    I didn't know the mods went...'poof', but i think some of this stuff makes perfect sense. However i'm sure their are enough more 'mature people' than people who are 'immature' we can aet a good example i think....right?


    No, I don't think setting an example is enough. There has to be more than that. And yeah, I have only seen about one or two mods on recently. I dunno, they really need to find a better system is all.

    wasted years wrote:
    do u moan this much in bed?


    Yeah, that's all i ever do, bitch and moan. XD Just kidding!

    I mean, hell, we all might as well be immature, nothing is gonna happen right? They won't ban us or anything like I think they should. I mean, as of right now this is a waste of typing because there really aren't any mods responding to me :/

  15. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 18

    I miss my mod tools! :( hahah

    xxCobyDickLickaxx wrote:
    What happened to Busta anyway? She kinda gone......(O.O)


    Haha well, she's got a lot going on in her life at the minute. :]

  16. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 18

    i agree this site needs more Mods!

  17. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 19

    More mods indeed.

    One thing that I think could be on this site is when you click on a users points, the users forum posts could be added in there somehow. Kinda like on brokenh.

  18. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 19

    SEE-ARE-UH wrote:
    More mods indeed.

    One thing that I think could be on this site is when you click on a users points, the users forum posts could be added in there somehow. Kinda like on brokenh.


    i mean, under each of your posts you can see how many posts you have...so I´d not necessarily want that...but well ;))

  19. RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 19

    I don't mean to have it so you know how many posts you have, but it'll make it easier to find a users posts. Like, say someone asks a question to the band that they already answered a long time ago, and you don't remember exactly what they said, you can just go to their profile and find their posts and what they posted in reply easily instead of going back and trying to find that thread..

  20. Bee avatar Bee

    RE: Suggestions (or Question) to the Mods

    Sep 19

    SEE-ARE-UH wrote:
    I don't mean to have it so you know how many posts you have, but it'll make it easier to find a users posts. Like, say someone asks a question to the band that they already answered a long time ago, and you don't remember exactly what they said, you can just go to their profile and find their posts and what they posted in reply easily instead of going back and trying to find that thread..


    That would definitely be nice. I know exactly what you're talking about, the AFI boards have that. It's very nice :)

    So. I think we can all agree that more mods would be very nice! So now, how to make this "want" come true.

Newsletter Signup