Forums

VIP UPSETS

Jan 01 Closed

Hi
My husband and I had VIP's for Sheffield earlier this year and we've had loads of problems.
We spoke to Justin on the night afterwards as the security would not let any of us in early.........as we paid for.............normal ticket holders were in before us.
Also, we missed out on the pre-show shopping as promised too.
BUT - we've STILL not received our signed posters.....think I've given it long enough now!
We have changed address from the one that you had....Justin told me to mail him my new address, I did.....we've changed again but only in the last couple of weeks and I doubt very much they would just have turned up after waiting so long.
We paid for something and did not receive it. There's nothing you can do re the "on the day" stuff now - other than compensate us or provide the hoodies we were wanting to buy....but you CAN get the posters to us. 2 VIP's - 2 posters.
I love the band and know it's not their fault, meeting them was a dream come true - but I am seriously thinking about taking advice on this. I would just like what I paid for.....simple as that!
Please reply as soon as possible.
Many thanks
Vicki

Papa Roach Forever x

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 01

Just re read this and it sounds really arsey - so for that I apologise.
    My main gripe is that we were treated like cr*p by the staff at the venue, especially the security.
    We were told by a member of the PRoach team to go straight through with our laminates....security guard stopped us and said "and where the f**k do you think you're going." Refused to let us in and kicked us back out into the cold!
    Incidentally the PRoach team member never did anything to help!
    It just really annoys me when you don't get something you paid for, particularly when it's something so amazing as Papa Roach VIP stuff!
    I'm not an arse.....just really annnoyed!
    Thanks

2. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 01

as being one of the people with you that day, i agree.
    i wanted to buy a shirt to put on before the photo,
    i have been to gigs that cost £8 and had more fun, friendly staff, and met the bands after for free, and got pre show merchandise.
    most of my negatives from the day was vip and staff related, and one of the support acts, but i won't get started on them...
    still stumped as to why anybody has to pick up a pass at 2.00 then wait around another hour to go in.... when they could just give you the pass when you go in.
    p.s. i don't think any uk peep got a poster yet.

----------
    "give it here" "NO IT'S MINE" "let me have it" "IT'S MY TURN" "you had it last" "FXCK OFF" "c'mon gimmie it" "NO WAY"... siamese twins having a wank!
    ----------

3. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

We had the same problem over here in the US (Cedar Rapids, Iowa). We didn't get in earlier, and we did NOT get the pre-show shopping.

Okay, whatever, that's fine. Katie hooked me and my mom up and was able to move us front row in the pit by Jerry. (Thanks again for that, Katie!)

But what really set us off was the fact that the VIP picture with my mother and myself was NOT posted. Look, we paid a hundred dollars for it, I think we deserve it.

We weren't going to complain about the fact that we were not let in early (as we paid for) normal ticket holders were in before us, and that we missed out on the pre-show shopping as promised too, so long as we got the picture that we're missing. But, the picture is STILL NOT UP.

And just like you said, I don't blame the band. They have NO control whatsoever about this, but I would like to people who DO have control to step up to the plate and make up for all of us who got screwed over.

4. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

I went to the brixton one.. and we missed out on the pre shopping too... we also haven't got the posters yet, and the secruity at brixton was the same aswel, they even tried telling me that i couldn't stand i had to sit up in the circle... which wasn't going to happen so we had to go through more security. So I don't really think its down to the P Roach team.. or whatever they're called, just that all secruity in our venues were dicks.
    Even still, if they do vip again I'll still buy it again.

5. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

At Nottingham it was exactly the same situation, sept we were let in first... and let me tell you, it was literally a MINUTE before, we had to run to get to the central barrier. I asked a member of staff POLITELY and told them the situation and said 'radio katie or Justin and they'll tell you same as me' he looked at me as if I'd murdered his children and then spoke to me like shit but he did radio them and then finally he let us in with like a minute before they let the public in. I wasn't bothered about merch cos I knew I could get it afterwards, which I didn't anyway, I was too busy talking to Micky.

I can't blame the Papa Roach crew (nothing to do with the band, they did their job) for it, well I guess it's their fault for not telling the venue the arrangements for VIP, but it was mainly venue staff at fault. And the poster situation... don't get me started. Oh and then the whole photo thing how our date had to wait a week after everyone else in the UK for them even though we were the second date of the tour...

in all, the day was a fantastic one. but... it could have been better organized. x

Take everything from the inside
    and throw it all away
    cos I swear for the last time
    I won't trust myself with you.

6. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

I was appalled by the attitude of the venue staff. They wouldn't listen to a word any of us said and spoke to us so rudely. Luckily with the Wolverhampton and Manchester VIPs we were let in a minute or two before the general ticket holders but the waiting time was crazy.
    The communication between the venue staff and PR team was very much lacking. For a photo still not to be up is ridiculous.

7. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

Hey guys
    Thanks for the replies to my thread - hopefully we can all get something sorted now together!
    One other thing I never mentioned - I emailed support at groundctrl WEEKS ago about this and they never even acknowledged me...so it's going to be an uphill struggle!
    Happy New Year to everyone!

Vicki x

8. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

Vixen_pixie wrote:
    Hey guys
    Thanks for the replies to my thread - hopefully we can all get something sorted now together!
    One other thing I never mentioned - I emailed support at groundctrl WEEKS ago about this and they never even acknowledged me...so it's going to be an uphill struggle!
    Happy New Year to everyone!

Vicki x

Yup they never seem to reply. dunno if its cause we live in england and they are in the States they think they can just not bother! but even an email to say "thank you for your email - we wil contact you shortly" thats better then nothin at all !!!

happy new year

9. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

For us, ground(ctrl) replied saying that the "problem was solved" and that the picture was posted. But, I think I would recognize the picture of me and my mother, and it is NOT posted still. Personally, I think Greg may have deleted it off the camera or something, and if that's the case, I believe a hundred dollar refund is in order, considering the other mistakes that were made.

Ground(ctrl) took their time to respond, so maybe they haven't gotten all of your complaints yet?

Happy new year to all you guys!! :D

10. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

I'm kind of glad that I didn't do the VIP thing after all with all the complaints.

Hasty Master-we must find the space cake!

11. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

themudsharkinterview wrote:
    I'm kind of glad that I didn't do the VIP thing after all with all the complaints.

Hasty Master-we must find the space cake!

Well, I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a great chance to meet the guys! They were fantastic!! I just think it could have been ran more smoothly, and they could have had more control over the situation. They need to have better communication with the venues.

12. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

seems they have the same issues no matter where they go, they have months to prep venues for whats going to happen, simple fax, emails, calls whatever to the venues in advance with whats going to happen, and confirmation, ain't hard to do, then the venues could prepare staff etc.
    we don't expect to be treated like royalty, just to get what we paid for.
    its like going to mcdonalds and asking and paying for a burger, and getting a empty bun.
    and then we gotta be greatfull for what we got.
    ----------
    "give it here" "NO IT'S MINE" "let me have it" "IT'S MY TURN" "you had it last" "FXCK OFF" "c'mon gimmie it" "NO WAY"... siamese twins having a wank!
    ----------

13. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 02

Same problems in Amarillo. Still haven't received our lanyards. No preshow shopping either. We got left out of the building twice and it was freezing.

Hate to say it, but all the crappy going down over the VIPs makes the band look bad - probably loose a lot of VIP sales this year.

14. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 03

I know that many people from Germany (except me) still didn´t receive their signed posters...if I am wrong, shout out loud please^^

15. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 03

This is RIDICULOUS!! All these problems, and nothing is being done!

Thanks for starting this thread about all the problems, because maybe someone will DO SOMETHING about it now!

16. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 03

bought 2 VIP passes for the cedar rapids show.....they were for myself and my daughter (part of her xmas gift) she was the first to get picture taken, I was the second. My picture never showed up, we didn't get to do any pre-show sale of merchandise, we couldn't get into the show before the general public like we were told we would be able to.

NO ONE HAS BOTHERED TO CONTACT ME BACK AS TO WHY...I THINK IT'S BULL CRAP. the ground control or whatever said that the issue was solved however....no picture up on site therefore in my opinion problem not solved.

anyone else get ripped off or disappointed? I am extremely disappointed, it was to be a great memory for my daughter and me and there is no picture and since we could not take pictures during the meet and greet ourselves i NOW HAVE NOTHING.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

17. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 03

Has anyone received their posters yet?

18. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 03

Has anyone received their posters yet?It was great meeting the band and stuff but we got there at 2 and never got let in until 5:00. I paid for 2 VIP's and we had to get our pics taken together because they didn't have much time for us.

19. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 03

carylsixx wrote:
    Has anyone received their posters yet?

At the Amarillo show we were handed our posters before we met the band. But they also told us we could only get one thing signed (and the posters were unsigned). But nobody got lanyards yet.

20. RE: VIP UPSETS

Jan 03

surprisingly i didnt have any probs at the nyc vip. before arriving at the show i was really expecting everything to be fucked up, after having read all the previous complaints of the shows before the nyc date. but everything went very smoothly & was very organized. got our passes, tix, posters(to be signed during meet&greet), got let in around 5-10min early thru a separate entrance, got early merch shopping, & everything else that was promised. as others have said, i def think the venues have also had alot to do with the bullshit happening, not to mention the venue's staff & their power trips. the nyc venue just happened to be very well informed for whatever reason, & the staff were very nice. hopefully you guys will be able to get things straightened out. good luck :)

Get the latest from Papa Roach!