when/why did you start listening to proach?

May 18

im just curious to see when other people started listening to proach and why they liked them.i started listening to them when i was 7 or 8 and i liked them because they had their own style and sound

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

May 18

When I was 8 going on 9 i heard last resort on sky and got addicted haha

why? because it was awesome and because kids at primary school were all talking about it x

2. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

May 18

i first heard of them when scars came out on the radio. i didn't even know who they were then. i thought papa roach was a solo artist just cuz of the name....reminded me of the name uncle kracker (a solo artist too). but then "forever" came out on the radio and i loved that song. i realized they were a band and started to become a fan. but when hollywood whore came out, i totally fell in love with them. i'd heard of GAWM and last resort before on the radio a few times and really liked those songs too. my love for them just spiraled out once i started looking into them more. i also heard lifeline on the radio and that was the final reel in. after joining the site and learning more about them, i feel like i've known them for years.

3. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

May 18

wen i was 9 i heard not listening by them on gran trourismo 4 and nascar 05 i liked them cause i tought it was a good song and continued listening to them since

4. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

May 18

I always love telling this story! :D

I was eight years old, going on nine and my older cousin, he was into all of this rock music and whatnot and I had just gotten so tired of Nsync and BSB and I wanted new! SO, one night I was spending the night with his sister, which was my other cousin and he was in his room playing Resident Evil and had his music going and I heard Hedake and for some reason I was intrigued. I went in there and listened to other various songs he was listening to, which also included other various Papa Roach songs mixed in with some Korn and whatnot. Last Resort came on and I was hooked right then and there. I went home talking to my mom about this band, I talked about them so much that one day after my mom came home from work, she had the cd in hand and I almost died! She would play it on the way to taking me to school and everything - she loved the older papa Roach, so I was fortunate enough to be able to get her to play my cd in the car when we went places! A few weeks later, I watched TRL (when it was the shit) and it was on there! I felt so happy finally being able to see the video of Last Resort and I found my place in the Roach World from then on! :D

5. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

May 18

i was about 11 or 12 years old when i first heard last resort. I remember always watching the video [[i just loved it]]. ha i even remember going w/ my sister to buy infest the first day it came out. I've just always been a big fan ever since the start. my first papa roach concert wasn't until the bad boys of rock tour. After seeing them live they have become my obsession. i fell madly in love with them after that. i'll always be a PR hardcore fan til the end.....they are my obsession in music. i just love everything about them xD.

6. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

May 19

i fell in love with them when a dude put 'scars' on, i just turned 11.
    i'm now almost 16, my 5 year anniversary of papa-roach-fandom is coming close xD

7. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

May 19

after cruefest. i heard them and i was like holly crap they are the best ever. and now im addicted!!

8. Moderator

RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

May 19

omg..all of you finding out about them when you were like 8-10 makes me feel so old.

uhmm...I loved all those bands back in 2000, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit...etc..Last Resort was a huge single..the end haha.

9. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jun 29

I startet listening to Papa Roach since the day where i was watching a music show called "Boggie" (The Danish version of MTV :P) with my big brother,and then "To Be Loved" came and the first thing that i was thinking was OMFG!!!!! THIS ROCKS!!!! so I asked my big brother if he knew who it was and he said "yes its Papa Roach" and then i said Papa Roach? AWSOME!,so he told me that he has downladed some song with Papa Roach and i Said I NEED TO HEAR THEM! and i did they are ! AWSOME!!!! but after some days I discovered that it was unlawful to Download songs so me (and my brother) dropped that and used Youtube.com to find other bands and listening to music And here i am 16 years old and still the BIGGEST PAPA ROACH FAN EVER!!!!!

10. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jun 29

I heard Papa Roach the first time when I was 11... It was the time when my parents get divorced what made me really sad... the first song I heard was Broken Home... I heard it and i was just like "damn I know this feelings sooo well" and so I came in to Papa Roach... After that I heard Last Resort and scars and I just loved the songs, and I still do :D

11. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jun 29

Busta wrote:
    omg..all of you finding out about them when you were like 8-10 makes me feel so old.

uhmm...I loved all those bands back in 2000, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit...etc..Last Resort was a huge single..the end haha.

You think you feel old. When I was 8 - 10 I was listening to kiss, queen, and even elvis!!! lmfao!

I've listened to PR since infest but not since seeing them in concert with A7X and Buck Cherry just a few short months ago did I become a "fan" so to speak. I like their music but love them live!!!

12. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jun 29

Busta wrote:

Same here!

13. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jun 29

about 2 years ago. when i heard too be loved on RAW. i wanted to hear more of the bands stuff. so i bought a few albums of theres. loved every single one. started watching videos of them. putting up posters of them. slowly becoming obsessed lol. it feels like i've loved them for years.

14. P.Roach yeahh

Jun 29

ähmm
    i started 2004 when i heard getting away with murder first
    i just that yeahh bitch that rocks you must buy it
    an since that day i am a fan
    why ? : because they are awesome *faboulus* ;D

15. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jun 29

i turned sky sports on one night and some wrestling was on at the time - they cut to a break and i hear the theme song "want to be loved" so i listened to it on youtube, then i hear getting away with murder" "scars" and "broken home" felt like i could relate a bit and got hooked on 'em !

16. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jun 29

I just started listening to Papa Roach about 2 months ago :D
    This year I went to Rock am Ring with some friends for the first time and I didn't know many bands. So my friends told me what to hear :) and one of them likes Papa Roach, so I started listening to them. I knew Last Resort and Scars, because I heard them on radio. Suddenly I went crazy :D I listened to all the songs. The old and new ones and I love them! Now I'm kinda addicted^^ I think I watched almost every video available on Youtube... :P

17. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jun 29

This band came into school and played a cover of last resort three years ago. I then went and bought infest.

18. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jun 29

2006, September to be exact, when I first watched WWE RAW. I loved To Be Loved, because before I had only listened to pop/rnb music, and that was something totally different and catchy. I decided to check out some of their other stuffs and got hooked :)

I was age 10 haha.[/b

19. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jun 30

Sammy! wrote:
    2006, September to be exact, when I first watched WWE RAW. I loved To Be Loved, because before I had only listened to pop/rnb music, and that was something totally different and catchy. I decided to check out some of their other stuffs and got hooked :)

I was age 10 haha.[/b

haha my story is similar !

i had watched wwe raw since i was like 5 or so and then in 06 they changed the theme to "...to be loved" and i always loved the song but never listened to any other proach but then i heard last resort on someones myspace and i then started listening to more papa roach and became obsessed lmao.

20. RE: when/why did you start listening to proach?

Jul 01

Since 2000, it all started with Blood Brothers. Then in 03 I listened to more of their stuff like Never Enough, Last Resort, and Between Angels & Insects. After that I was in and then in 2004 I heard Not Listening on NHL 05 and Nascar 05. That got me going then a free preview of LOUD I heard GAWM, and BAM they've been my favorite band since 2003.

Newsletter Signup