A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

Aug 14

Since last year when i have seen them live, I had made a promise to myself and the band. That I would not downland there music for free, and started buying there Cds.
As they get the money from the Cds and i Feel it can be away for the fans to support the band OTHER then going to there WICKED frackin Concerts and rocking out with them~!

I hope this gives other papa roach fans that can afford to buy the cds, a chance to rethink about buying them to support the band:) cheers

Replies to This Posting

  1. Re: Support the Band ...stop free downloading and Buy there CDs:)

    Aug 14

    just to let a know most of a bands income comes from touring not CD sales i think a a good portion of album sales go to to the record label not the band and as much as i am against downloading music i even download one or two songs once in a while. i still go out and buys cds when ever i can and we can't control who downloads music so ranting about downloading music for free on a forum won't help if these file sharing sites were all taken down then maybe (and thats a big maybe) people would start paying for music? i don't even know anymore
    Isaiah laporte

  2. Re: Support the Band ...stop free downloading and Buy there CDs:)

    Aug 14

    i download music all the time but i am always at fye on release date to pick up the actual cd

  3. Re: Support the Band ...stop free downloading and Buy there CDs:)

    Aug 15

    il1989 wrote:
    just to let a know most of a bands income comes from touring not CD sales i think a a good portion of album sales go to to the record label not the band and as much as i am against downloading music i even download one or two songs once in a while. i still go out and buys cds when ever i can and we can't control who downloads music so ranting about downloading music for free on a forum won't help if these file sharing sites were all taken down then maybe (and thats a big maybe) people would start paying for music? i don't even know anymore
    Isaiah laporte


    You dont know what your talking about, he has sold over eight milloin cds, and I been to concerts where the bands have said buy cds, they suppost the band. and i wasnt ranting I will know. I was giving a frlendly remind to people that download, as do i, to buy a cd if they can to support the band.
    so, basically you shouldnt assume ranting unless you know the person. re-read i said there, cause then you may actually understand what I am saying.

  4. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    I download, buy Cd's and go to concert. And the band gets money for everything they do, thats what i know...ö.ö but i don't give a f***, they should just keep makin good musik =D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: "Tobin, why do you always look so pissed on Stage?"
    Tobin: "Cause i fuckin hate you"
    Me: "Good, i don't like you either!!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  5. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    "he has sold"....? who's he?

  6. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    ^ You beat me to that point. Unless it was just a pronoun error.

    Bands are very openly admitting that they make more of their money from touring now. That's not to say that they don't make money from CD sales, as they do. It's just CD sales aren't as high since music is becoming readily available for free. The music industry is evolving rapidly.

    I guess you are a "traditionalist", which is understandable. I don't download music personally, not as it's convenient but because I like the extras a CD provides. I'm always tempted to buy special editions and such if they are worthwhile. It's quite a weird feeling but I want to "hold" the music. It' so easy to buy CDs online, (if you have the money, which brings up an interesting dilemma.)

    However, I do think that it is piracy and shouldn't be done really. In retrospect, would you rather someone with limited funds download their music illegally and be able to afford to go to a show that is more expensive than said CD, or vice versa? Thus, missing out on their favourite band or whatever? If I interjected opinion in the end but, I'm sorry.


    This comment is a kind of magic.

  7. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    ladyjane wrote:
    il1989 wrote:
    just to let a know most of a bands income comes from touring not CD sales i think a a good portion of album sales go to to the record label not the band and as much as i am against downloading music i even download one or two songs once in a while. i still go out and buys cds when ever i can and we can't control who downloads music so ranting about downloading music for free on a forum won't help if these file sharing sites were all taken down then maybe (and thats a big maybe) people would start paying for music? i don't even know anymore
    Isaiah laporte


    You dont know what your talking about, he has sold over eight milloin cds, and I been to concerts where the bands have said buy cds, they suppost the band. and i wasnt ranting I will know. I was giving a frlendly remind to people that download, as do i, to buy a cd if they can to support the band.
    so, basically you shouldnt assume ranting unless you know the person. re-read i said there, cause then you may actually understand what I am saying.



    I don't know what I'm saying right? I'm not saying I'm a music industry expert or anything but I DO know some stuff as far as I know this is how band makes it into the music biz and makes money


    1. Get signed.
    2. Get given an interest free loan from the label to record and produce your album. And press it. And get the artwork done. Advertise it. And tour. and just about everything else you can think of relating to the album.
    3. You earn nothing from album sales until your album until your loan is paid back to the label.
    4. You only earn money from touring and merchandise.
    5. Remember labels will still charge you for breakages, which dates back to the vinyl days, even though your release is on CD. I forget the percentage on this. Something like 15%.

    A good record deal will give you 2 to 3% of the profit from CD sales.

    As you can see even with major labels it's pretty hard. Harder still if the label decide once you've recorded your album they think it's shit so they refuse to release it leaving you with nothing but debt to repay for a loooooonnng time. Of course they've tied you into a contract so you can't release it anywhere else.

    Small labels (i.e. scene labels) will pretty much pay for the mastering, pressing, advertising and distribution of your product. However, like the majors you won't see any money until the above costs are covered.

    Again a good deal will give you anything from 2 to 5% depending on the label.
    Isaiah laporte

  8. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    themudsharkinterview wrote:
    ^ You beat me to that point. Unless it was just a pronoun error.

    Bands are very openly admitting that they make more of their money from touring now. That's not to say that they don't make money from CD sales, as they do. It's just CD sales aren't as high since music is becoming readily available for free. The music industry is evolving rapidly.

    I guess you are a "traditionalist", which is understandable. I don't download music personally, not as it's convenient but because I like the extras a CD provides. I'm always tempted to buy special editions and such if they are worthwhile. It's quite a weird feeling but I want to "hold" the music. It' so easy to buy CDs online, (if you have the money, which brings up an interesting dilemma.)

    However, I do think that it is piracy and shouldn't be done really. In retrospect, would you rather someone with limited funds download their music illegally and be able to afford to go to a show that is more expensive than said CD, or vice versa? Thus, missing out on their favourite band or whatever? If I interjected opinion in the end but, I'm sorry.


    This comment is a kind of magic.



    wait were you commenting on what i said?
    Isaiah laporte

  9. Moderator

    Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    themudsharkinterview wrote:
    ^ You beat me to that point. Unless it was just a pronoun error.

    Bands are very openly admitting that they make more of their money from touring now. That's not to say that they don't make money from CD sales, as they do. It's just CD sales aren't as high since music is becoming readily available for free. The music industry is evolving rapidly.

    I guess you are a "traditionalist", which is understandable. I don't download music personally, not as it's convenient but because I like the extras a CD provides. I'm always tempted to buy special editions and such if they are worthwhile. It's quite a weird feeling but I want to "hold" the music. It' so easy to buy CDs online, (if you have the money, which brings up an interesting dilemma.)

    However, I do think that it is piracy and shouldn't be done really. In retrospect, would you rather someone with limited funds download their music illegally and be able to afford to go to a show that is more expensive than said CD, or vice versa? Thus, missing out on their favourite band or whatever? If I interjected opinion in the end but, I'm sorry.

    win.

  10. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    Tammy99 wrote:
    "he has sold"....? who's he?



    For some people there is still only Jacoby i guess....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: "Tobin, why do you always look so pissed on Stage?"
    Tobin: "Cause i fuckin hate you"
    Me: "Good, i don't like you either!!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  11. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    Busta wrote:
    themudsharkinterview wrote:
    ^ You beat me to that point. Unless it was just a pronoun error.

    Bands are very openly admitting that they make more of their money from touring now. That's not to say that they don't make money from CD sales, as they do. It's just CD sales aren't as high since music is becoming readily available for free. The music industry is evolving rapidly.

    I guess you are a "traditionalist", which is understandable. I don't download music personally, not as it's convenient but because I like the extras a CD provides. I'm always tempted to buy special editions and such if they are worthwhile. It's quite a weird feeling but I want to "hold" the music. It' so easy to buy CDs online, (if you have the money, which brings up an interesting dilemma.)

    However, I do think that it is piracy and shouldn't be done really. In retrospect, would you rather someone with limited funds download their music illegally and be able to afford to go to a show that is more expensive than said CD, or vice versa? Thus, missing out on their favourite band or whatever? If I interjected opinion in the end but, I'm sorry.

    win.



    win? this wasn't a arguement was it? and just to let every one know I buy cds in fact I really don't support torrent any more I use to but then I just stopped in fact I'm gonna delete that program right now Its a waste of space
    Isaiah laporte

  12. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    themudsharkinterview wrote:

    ...I guess you are a "traditionalist", which is understandable. I don't download music personally, not as it's convenient but because I like the extras a CD provides. I'm always tempted to buy special editions and such if they are worthwhile. It';s quite a weird feeling but I want to "hold" the music. It's so easy to buy CDs online, (if you have the money, which brings up an interesting dilemma.)


    I wish I could "hold" my music, but I have to pay twice as much because of shipping. There's no music stores around where I live. But even with downloading, I will always give Papa Roach the money they deserve for the work they do.

  13. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    themudsharkinterview wrote:
    ^ You beat me to that point. Unless it was just a pronoun error.

    Bands are very openly admitting that they make more of their money from touring now. That's not to say that they don't make money from CD sales, as they do. It's just CD sales aren't as high since music is becoming readily available for free. The music industry is evolving rapidly.

    I guess you are a "traditionalist", which is understandable. I don't download music personally, not as it's convenient but because I like the extras a CD provides. I'm always tempted to buy special editions and such if they are worthwhile. It's quite a weird feeling but I want to "hold" the music. It' so easy to buy CDs online, (if you have the money, which brings up an interesting dilemma.)

    However, I do think that it is piracy and shouldn't be done really. In retrospect, would you rather someone with limited funds download their music illegally and be able to afford to go to a show that is more expensive than said CD, or vice versa? Thus, missing out on their favourite band or whatever? If I interjected opinion in the end but, I'm sorry. ( I said If they can afford to buy a cd, read it carefully lol)


    This comment is a kind of magic.

  14. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 15

    xxCobyDickLickaxx wrote:
    Tammy99 wrote:
    "he has sold"....? who's he?



    For some people there is still only Jacoby i guess....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: "Tobin, why do you always look so pissed on Stage?"
    Tobin: "Cause i fuckin hate you"
    Me: "Good, i don't like you either!!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    LMAO... apparently. like for example when someone refers to bon jovi as "him", drives me fuckin nuts lol

  15. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 16


    wait were you commenting on what i said?
    Isaiah laporte

    No. I was just talking to the person above me who said, ""he has sold"....? who's he?". The rest was directed at the person who started this thread.

    And I'll add that you made good, valid points in your comments Isaiah. Your argument is very much the same as mine. You even include figures. In fact, my comment very much just followed on from what you said. Now that I properly looked.



    This comment is a kind of magic.

  16. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 16

    --|Steph|-- wrote:


    I wish I could "hold" my music, but I have to pay twice as much because of shipping. There's no music stores around where I live. But even with downloading, I will always give Papa Roach the money they deserve for the work they do.


    I understand completely. As it's very much possible to download music legally too. It's a shame about those extortionate shipping prices though. I don't always get how they have to be so high. Though have you ever tried Amazon? At least over here, there is no shipping price if bought directly from them I think. Or you have to spend £15. The rules could be well different for you.

    And if you have tried them, ignore my inane balderdash and drivel gladly. Or, just tell me off for probably being pretentious.



    This comment is a kind of magic.

  17. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 19

    by buying a cd or going to see them live it's saying to the band 'we love what you do, make more music, come tour here etc' but there's so many people in the industry involved in that album or single that the money gets like.. split out in all directions.. which is wrong really cos the artists deserve it.. but that's just how business works x

  18. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 19

    I download albums sometimes but I still always go and buy them even if I have them downloaded
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm to proud a person to give in , I give in to f**k all , I won't lose I'll never lose" - Matt Tuck

  19. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 19

    Tammy99 wrote:
    xxCobyDickLickaxx wrote:
    Tammy99 wrote:
    "he has sold"....? who's he?



    For some people there is still only Jacoby i guess....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: "Tobin, why do you always look so pissed on Stage?"
    Tobin: "Cause i fuckin hate you"
    Me: "Good, i don't like you either!!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    LMAO... apparently. like for example when someone refers to bon jovi as "him", drives me fuckin nuts lol


    so it's not just me? xD

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    The dull pain that remains isn't pretty
    I'm being smothered in the flames I ignite
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

  20. Re: A Fan Reminder to buy Cds as well, to help support the Band

    Aug 19

    Eh I download if i'm low on money but if it's availible I'll go out and buy it. All depends on the timing. Since I love Papa Roach so much I decide to wait for the money ;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "No matter what I got your back! I'll take a bullet for you if it comes to that!" - Papa Roach

Get the latest from Papa Roach!