About the new album.

Apr 13

Hey everyone what's up??
I wanted to start a topic in which papa roach fans would make suggestions to the band about what they'd like to hear in the new album (whenever it comes out)

Soo... I had this thought : what about an album with 12 songs in it... 6 new papa roach songs and 6 other feauturing other artists... (i'd love for example to see 'papa roach feat. eminem)

That is my opinion...what do u guys think?
Make suggestions too!!!!!

Viva La Cucaracha Bitches!!!
Never regret for the mistakes you've done in the past...just try not to repeat them in the future...

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: About the new album.

Apr 13

I say no. I say they do whatever they please. Why? Because they can't cater to everyone's wishes, and if they try there's always someone who will be disappointed, it's best for them to please themselves and we decide if what comes out is worth our money. This way it's most likely that what comes out will be good instead of trying to be too much.

Just my 2¢.

2. Re: About the new album.

Apr 15

as to the feature thing, i dont like it much, it would be quite cool to hear them do something with a singer from another band or something, but not half of the album, i think that would ruin it, but i would love to hear them maybe do a song with someone like craig mabbitt from escape the fate for example, who would compliment their style
    as for the style of the album, i really like the direction they were going in with time for annihilation, although it is getting increasingly different from their roots, i think the style of these songs really suited them and i preferred the sound to metamorphosis, they said theirselves that they may be experimenting a little more with electronics on their new album which if they could use like they did in tfa it would be awesome
    also, i very much doubt they would do this, but i would love to see a concept album from them, i love it when bands do concept albums because of the whole story the album tells when you listen to it in full and the whole world which the album creates, if the band could do this well it would be great to hear it from my favourite band
    anyway, high hopes for the next album, im sure whatever they do it will be great, as long as they keep it fresh and interesting, which they normally do

I speak the truth and everybody else knows it ~ So set your ego to the side and just get the fuck over it

3. Re: About the new album.

Apr 15

heard they could be working with eminem? if that happens theyd probably go back to their old nu metal style
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilVhCTpVlAA
    please click this link to see something interesting
    i know your human instincts want to click that thing

4. Re: About the new album.

Apr 16

I think the new stuff is gonna be AHHMAZING! Honestly, the new songs off of TFA were just...great. I can't wait. (: I can only expect something good! With Papa...I can never be let down! Of course! ;D

~* I live the days of war and I live the nights of love,
    I suffer to survive,
    I gotta, gotta, gotta stay alive... *~

5. Re: About the new album.

Oct 27

i think they should just do what they want, because whatever they come out with i know its gunna be great!

6. Re: About the new album.

Nov 04

Whatever they do, they better not work with eminem, or any other rapper for that matter, that'd just completely ruin the album, even if it were just one song.

7. Re: About the new album.

Nov 05

Working with such an amazing artist like eminem would NOT ruin the album, I think proach would feel very honoured to work with him, i hear shaddix is a big fan of his 'Recovery' record..

8. Re: About the new album.

Nov 06

I just say, bleh.

9. Re: About the new album.

Nov 07

i really hope they dont go back to rap
    R.I.P. THE REV
    and RJD

10. Re: About the new album.

Nov 07

MY VALENTINE wrote:
    i really hope they dont go back to rap
    R.I.P. THE REV
    and RJD

This fucking this.

Yes, Infest is a very good album, and LoveHateTragedy is also quite good, but if they had decided to put out another album that was along those lines back then, they might not have done so well. Besides, those albums, although good, they sound rather immature compared to GAWM and The Paramour Sessions.

11. Re: About the new album.

Nov 08

Well I just missed this thread on its premier run, but it seems to making a comeback. & Since the band themselves asked a very similar question, we all know its a great idea!
    Hahaha! Just delighted to hear that Papa Roach has been working with Yelawolf, a fantastic RAPPER! He already released his single w/ KID ROCK, another mondo all-time fave of mine, who has a super career for his own mucho charisma & diverse talent in which he has mastered almost EVERY popular music genre. Yelawolf's LP drops this month, & I think its gonna be MASSIVE.
    As far as the new P. ROACH album, I totally agree that TFA was pretty revolutionary; I LOVE HOW IT WAS DONE & Im so happy they tried it that way.
    My own idea for them was similar to yours johnny V. Coby; basically a compilation effort. But I still think its important to keep each track unique & or each album, but most of all, keep it true to themselves, which we luckily know they will do.
    Im just so so sick of people talking like rap style on a rock record is some heinous art form; the heinous act is to review art from established creators without your third eye open & think musicians dont have every right to channel ANY STYLE THEY SEE FIT ESPECIALLY IF THE FINISHED WORK IS SO RELEVANT & REMARKABLE & ALL AROUND RAVING FUCKN ROCK & ROLL PERFECTION!
    To be disloyal & disrespectful of music in general, but especially such EXCELLENT MUSIC, is basically an abomination of music appreciation.
    Haha! Yelawolf! I wonder who else they got up their sleeves...

~tightrope~
    *PAPA ROACH*
    My words are weapons in which I murder you with.
    Please don't be scared.
    Please do not turn your head.
    We are the future,
    The 21st century dyslexic glue-sniffing cyber-sluts;
    With homicidal minds & handguns.
    We are Insane.

12. Re: About the new album.

Nov 08

If they do a song with rihanna like evrybody else has, i'm not buying it.
    ----------
    spoooooon!
    ----------

13. Re: About the new album.

Nov 09

I will just go with the flow XD
    And I'm excited where this musical journey will take us. (Because I freaking LOVE the journey of PR!)
    Lovehatetragedy is personally one of my favorite albums, but what they did with Time for Annihilation is also kick ass XD

As long there are songs on where we can rock on during concerts XD (which they probably gone do, anyway)

14. Re: About the new album.

Nov 09

Gasp! Not buying Papa Roach!!!
    I perish the thought.

I loved The Lonely Island/ Rihanna song, "Shy Ronnie".
    We all know PR could top it NO MATTER WHAT

~tightrope~
    *PAPA ROACH*
    My words are weapons in which I murder you with.
    Please don't be scared.
    Please do not turn your head.
    We are the future,
    The 21st century dyslexic glue-sniffing cyber-sluts;
    With homicidal minds & handguns.
    We are Insane.

15. Re: About the new album.

Dec 21

My opinion is that we should all let Papa Roach choose themselves what they want.

16. Re: About the new album.

Dec 23

good thread... btw I love Papa Roach fans, i really enjoyed reading everyone's opinion :P
    my thoughts are that the guys should do as they please... clearly whatever direction they go they are bound to make it a hit. personally im not really into rap, I admit some rap songs are good but the majority have little thought and feeling into them. If the guys really were to do a collaboration with someone it should be someone worth making a song with, eminem is pretty good so i would not really mind that but half the album with collaborations? i don't really think I would like that. If I am buying a Papa Roach CD it is because I want to listen to papa roach and not someone else. A cover would be nice too, maybe a song from a band that inspired the guys to be where they are today. I appreciate all forms of music but one can tell when someone is in it for the 15 minutes or for the music and its fans, which is why I love papa roach so much

17. Re: About the new album.

Dec 23

I heard they will be ft a female artist..I think thats a cool idea..something different for them..They really can pull any style off they choose ..Im hoping it will be a combination of their past styles a little rap..rock..and hopefully some metal..I know Jacoby was in a metal band fight the sky but it never took off. :( I really don't care for dubstep though not my bag or techno..Im sure it will kick ass !!!
    u only get once around the ride;)

18. Re: About the new album.

Dec 25

Hmm, I don't know so much about collaborating with another artist, I know they did Into The Light with Mick Mars from Mötley Crüe, and that song is kickass, but I've heard songs that are ruined by that.

19. Re: About the new album.

Dec 27

wasted years wrote:
    If they do a song with rihanna like evrybody else has, i'm not buying it.
    ----------
    spoooooon!
    ----------

hahaha Stu always with something funny to say! God I've missed this site.
    Btw, this. Rihanna is in toooooo many places at the minute. everywhere.

I have no idea what to expect for this album. I've never felt too much mystery as to what the next album would hold for PRoach, but this time I honestly have no idea how it will turn out. Exciting, exciting shit!!

x_o

Newsletter Signup