Why Viva La Cucaracha?

Feb 10

Sorry about such questions)) But I can't understand why exactly these words. Where they come from?
Explain please)))

Replies to This Posting

1. Why Viva La Cucaracha?

Feb 10

I Google Cucaracha and I got...
    "'La Cucaracha' ('The Cockroach') is a traditional Spanish folk corrido, that became popular in Mexico during the Mexican Revolution." - wikipedia... so I'm guessing the Cockroach reference.

2. Re:

Feb 10

Viva La Cucaracha is Spanish. It means "long live the cockroach". Get it now :P ??

3. Re:

Feb 10

por que es lo maximo!!
    y que viva la cucaracha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Moderator

Re:

Feb 10

the literal translation is I love the cockroach, but it really pretty much translates to long live the cockroach

5. Why Viva La Cucaracha?

Feb 11

the cockroach was the trade mark of proach... and it is on the album cover of infest... ---greetz Anika =]

6. Re:

Feb 11

oh...thank you all, i've got it)

7. Re:

Feb 11

i've translated that a few times on a few different sites and generally they all say "Live the Cockroach"

i don't know where people get love from. i always thought love was amore. but idk maybe it translates differently in Spanish or maybe that's just how the guys themselves use it.

But if you go on any internet translation website that is what they will probably tell you. Sure there is a possibility that it is just the site i use but i used to use it all the time in school so i don't think it is too off..

8. viva la cucaracha.

Feb 11

it is a spanish term that means "long live the cockroach" :)
    at the beginning of the school year my spanish teacher ask me why i had it written all over my binder.
    i told him its fer the greatest band everrr. :)
    um but yeah and then he sung scars in spanish (cuz i had the lyrics in spanish on my binder as well)

9. Moderator

RE: Why Viva La Cucaracha?

Feb 12

blackrosebaby66 wrote:
    at the beginning of the school year my spanish teacher ask me why i had it written all over my binder.
    um but yeah and then he sung scars in spanish (cuz i had the lyrics in spanish on my binder as well)

lol your teacher was probably like wtf??

hey atleast cockroaches will live through a nuclear explosion [I'd still love to know how they tested that to declare it a fact..] so I guess Viva la cucaracha after all!

and for the record, my husband, who is not bilingual at all..usually says cucaROACHa...he's funny.

10. RE: Why Viva La Cucaracha?

Feb 12

blackrosebaby66 wrote:

I actually learnt all the words to Scars in Spanish! How cool is I?!

11. RE: Why Viva La Cucaracha?

Feb 12

Busta wrote:
    blackrosebaby66 wrote:

hey atleast cockroaches will live through a nuclear explosion [I'd still love to know how they tested that to declare it a fact..] so I guess Viva la cucaracha after all!

and for the record, my husband, who is not bilingual at all..usually says cucaROACHa...he's funny.

cucaRocha lol that is funny. =]

12. RE: Why Viva La Cucaracha?

Feb 13

Busta wrote:
    blackrosebaby66 wrote:

lmao :)
    yeahh i know all the words as well.
    but thats hilaraious cucaROACHa :P

13. Re:

Feb 23

i love how it just rolls off the tongue.. haha x

Newsletter Signup