VIP dog tags

Aug 04

sooo i got a papa roach belt buckle at the last vip, & this time they're giving dog tags... anyone wanna trade the belt buckle for the dog tags?
-
Papa Roach Fans facebook page... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Papa-Roach-FansFriends/135724233147196

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 04

its a nice offer, but im allergic either way, & i figured the dog tags would be easier to keepsake in some way. i gave my Cuz the belt buckle since she's one of the lucky MOST who can wear ANYTHING without allergic reaction.
    LOL u know whats gonna be a BITCH to keepsake? my MARS autographed T-SHIRT haha! Jared didn't recognize it (i guess it was new merch) OR, as he put it "no one buys these" (coz it has the half-naked fan dancer from Hurricane *L*) so im like "well im not gonna WEAR it!" & showed him the back with the triad & the tour dates; & thats where he signed it haha! so now its signed front & back OMG!

~tightrope~
    *PAPA ROACH*
    My words are weapons in which I murder you with.
    Please don't be scared.
    Please do not turn your head.
    We are the future,
    The 21st century dyslexic glue-sniffing cyber-sluts;
    With homicidal minds & handguns.
    We are Insane.

2. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 04

i'm allergic to silvery type metals too. the belt buckle actually doesnt touch your skin. its just not something i'd wear, not my style.
    -
    Papa Roach Fans facebook page... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Papa-Roach-FansFriends/135724233147196

3. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 04

i cant wear ANY belt buckles tho. technically, that sucker will FIND A WAY to make contact. the allergy is caused by the nickel content. very durable, high shine metal; but :P

i have to make sure ALL of my belt buckles (& belts) are COMPLETELY plastic so i dont get a reaction. typically i just make sure my clothes are as tight as possible so i wont need one; thus avoiding the allergy ;)
    ~tightrope~
    *PAPA ROACH*
    Please don't be scared.
    We are the future,
    We are Insane.

4. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 05

im not actually allergic but everything silver turns green on me
    -

5. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 05

dragonflydebi wrote:
    i cant wear ANY belt buckles tho. technically, that sucker will FIND A WAY to make contact. the allergy is caused by the nickel content. very durable, high shine metal; but :P

i have to make sure ALL of my belt buckles (& belts) are COMPLETELY plastic so i dont get a reaction. typically i just make sure my clothes are as tight as possible so i wont need one; thus avoiding the allergy ;)
    ~tightrope~
    *PAPA ROACH*
    Please don't be scared.
    We are the future,
    We are Insane.

just for future reference, you can get a clear coat of paint and coat it, that way you wont have skin contact. I also have an allergy to gold, but it is the nickel in it too.....on small things you can use clear nail polish, on larger items you have to use a clear coat of hobby paint, like for porcelain or model cars. some jewelry stores can also dip it for you, it only last about 6 months for rings, but its worth it.
    ---------------------------♥-------------------------------
    ♥ "I'll promise you forever and my soul today" ♥

Jennifer

6. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 24

Thanks u guys I know where you are both coming from.
    Everyone has different dermal reactions, therefor u may not be specified as allergic, Tam.

& Jennifer Thank U also, I have tried this remedy MANY TIMES.
    I thought for sure it had worked in some instances, but the result is never permanent.
    Usually the coating will actually crack & peel very quickly from skin contact, & maintaining the finish is virtually impossible on metal because U need to remove the original coat first.
    Buffing will erode the metal, thinners will rust.

I know I sound like a know it all, that's not the idea.
    It's just that I sorta HAVE had SOME experiences.
    IM OLD.

~tightrope~
    *PAPA ROACH*
    Please don't be scared.
    We are the future,
    We are Insane.

7. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 24

I'll trade you if you still would like the dog tags. I can mail it to you when I get home to the UK. Let me know as I'd love the belt buckle.

8. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 25

PapaRoachPunk wrote:
    I'll trade you if you still would like the dog tags. I can mail it to you when I get home to the UK. Let me know as I'd love the belt buckle.

sweet deal!
    the belt buckle is AWESOME TOO!
    its SOOOO KEWL!!!!!
    i REALLY LOVED it but i gave it to my Cuz since it was silly for me to keep knowing i couldnt wear it & coz i knew she would have LOVED to be there with me if she could!
    im so happy u found a trade!

~tightrope~
    *PAPA ROACH*
    Please don't be scared.
    We are the future,
    We are Insane.

9. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 25

It's a shame you couldn't keep it. I wore the dog tags last night and I have to be careful too because I'm allergic to nickel so I can't wear it for long periods of time as I'll come out in a rash.

10. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 25

Its ok, Im just sad my Cuz couldnt be there, so I was really happy to give her something nice from the experience. & Now I get to have a cool keepsake for myself too
    The laminates are awesome too; they go GREAT in my ticket stub albums!

~tightrope~
    *PAPA ROACH*
    Please don't be scared.
    We are the future,
    We are Insane.

11. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 27

PapaRoachPunk wrote:

yeah i'm still willing to trade! definately! message me when you get home & we'll make arrangements
    -

12. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 28

Hey I was given the Roach belt buckle last night, so I don't need it anymore, but I'll still send you the dog tags as I have a spare one. Message me your address and I'll pack it in the post when I get home tomorrow.
    Wolverhampton Civic Hall - 6th Oct 2009
    Manchester 02 Academy - 11th Oct 2009
    Sheffield 02 Academy - 14th Oct 2009

Sonisphere Festival - 31st July 2010

Taste of Chaos Birmingham 7th Dec 2010
    Taste of Chaos Wembley 8th Dec

13. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 29

How sweet are U Nina?
    Hope U get home safe!
    Im CERTAIN the belt buckle is just splendid, isnt it?
    & I already know: the VIPs were just THE BEST!

~tightrope~
    *PAPA ROACH*
    Please don't be scared.
    We are the future,
    We are Insane.

14. Re: VIP dog tags

Aug 29

thanks, thats so nice of you! i just messaged you.
    -

Get the latest from Papa Roach!