What got YOU into PR.

Feb 28

hello0oo there crazy ass rioters im pretty sure there wasnt a forum on this already i looked and didnt see anything but sorry if there is, anyway......
**So what got u into PR, was it hearing one of their songs, someone talkin about them, or seein them in concert? etc. I'd like to know how alot of u got into them this hardcore ^_^

~~i got into them back in '02 my cousin was into them and worked for a radio station and took me to one of their concerts, i had been begging to go to a rock concert for awhile and he finally took me. Lucky for me this was also the first time i met them as well, and they were just really badass and all about their fans. So i went home and looked up alot of their stuff of course it being older and loved it, so i've been into em awhile. And i've been hardcore since then and their stuff just gets more and more amazing as im sure all of u would agree ^_^~~ ....hope to hear your stories everyone!

~**VIVA LA CUCARACHA**~

Replies to This Posting

1. Re:

Feb 28

I have multiple answers to this question....

1) From watching Scarred. I heard the theme to the show, but didn't know who it was at the time... eventually I figured out who it was. : 3

2) From hearing "Reckless" on the radio, I thought it was so beautiful. : 3

2. Re:

Feb 28

Yeah there is one, but waaay back. We need a system on this site where active threads go to the top and unused ones go to the bottom *wonders*

Anyway, it was September '06 when I first got into WWE. "To Be Loved" pulled me in right away ;) Then I checked PR's Myspace, fell in love with Forever and TiRO, bought TPS etc etc haha

3. Re:

Feb 28

lol thats cool! ive never heard reckless on the radio alot of ppl have damn ppl here wont play it >.

4. Re:

Feb 28

i actually by chance caught the last resort video on mtv back in the day and fell in love...that weekend i drove 3 hours to des moines to see them in a tiny club called the rock island club and have been following and hooked ever since i have seen them approximately 7 times!!!

5. RE: What got YOU into PR.

Feb 28

papa_roachgrl67 wrote:
    lol thats cool! ive never heard reckless on the radio alot of ppl have damn ppl here wont play it >.

If I heard PR on the radio here, I would fall over and die. Literally.

6. Re:

Feb 28

I knew some of their songs and liked them but wasn't really into them, until my friend made me go see them in concert with hinder and buckcherry, and i was hooked. I really enjoyed the concert to because my friend made me listen to every cd of theirs for weeks before. Now I am addicted

7. Re: What got YOU into PR.

Feb 28

It was To be loved... Could you believe it... I was sitting in front of the TV watching a music channel and then somehow that song appeard in my mind, and when the song that was running out finished, it started To be loved! Yeah it was incredible! Oh and when I saw the vocalist (Jacoby) I knew that this will be my favoirite band. You see I'm not of that tipe of girls that melt on every hot rocker they've saw - I was searching from a long time that kind of band - with cool vision and music. I love you Papa Roach!!!

8. Re:

Feb 28

Last resort! and it was part of the linkin park/roach era haha x

9. Re:

Feb 28

lol well im happy to be hearing all of ur stories =D didnt think to get many replies for this XD very interstingggg :D

10. Re:

Feb 28

I've always liked their music...been a fan since i heard 'Last Resort', but i really didn't become a Major Hardcore fan until I saw them in concert for the first time (July 5 on Cruefest in charlotte, nc).

They absolutely blew me and my friend away and we've now seen them 3 times in 7 months...we'll be seeing them again on March 26 in Johnson City, TN

11. Re:

Feb 28

awesome!!!! PR just makes everyone fuckin nuts about em XD

12. scuzz tv

Feb 28

i saw the getting away with murder vid and it blew my mind

13. Re:

Feb 28

lol the GAWM vid was pretty amazing and very dark and sexy XD

14. Re:

Feb 28

Scars! My brother downloaded that song or whatever back in.. '05 I think.. I listened to it and instantly fell in love! ^^

15. Re:

Feb 28

i first heard PR in 3rd grade and of coarse it was Last Resort, me and some boy who sat across from me but wasnt friends with always sang the intro in class lol, and i remember i came home and asked my older sister if she knew the song and she said "yeah i have their cd" then she showed it to me and i liked it, but i didnt become a hardcore fan till a little after LHT was released, then GAWM was released and became my favorite album, etc etc and here i am today! ^_^

16. Re:

Feb 28

lmao awesome! :D VIVA LA CUCARACHA! =D

17. Can you say yummy!!!

Feb 28

Well first i loved their music as soon as I heard it! But when I set eyes on Jacoby, well all I can say is YUMMY!!!! He's fuckin hot and so full of friggen energy!! Total badass man!!!!!!!!!!!! By far one of the best bands I've ever seen live....so raw...just killer!!!!

18. Re:

Feb 28

I've always liked their music...been a fan since i heard 'Last Resort', but i really didn't become a Major Hardcore fan until I saw them in concert for the first time (July 5 on Cruefest in charlotte, nc).

They absolutely blew me and my friend away and we've now seen them 3 times in 7 months...we'll be seeing them again on March 26 in Johnson City, TN

HEY ME TOO>>>>> EXACTLY I STARTED WITH LAST RESORT, THEN SAW THEM JULY 5TH....
    THERE IS ALSO A CONCERT MAR 28 IN ASHEVILLE.....THATS THE ONE WE ARE GOING TO NOW!

awesome;)

19. Re:

Feb 28

Same with me. I always loved whatever was on the radio but I really got hooked after seeing them on the Bad Boys of Rock tour (and meeting them) for the first time. Coby and Dave were super chill and just hanging out and talking with EVERYBODY. Instant respect from me for that :-)

20. Moderator

What got YOU into PR.

Feb 28

you know..I'm not even really sure...

2000- I'd always liked Last Resort on the radio..I remember dancing around with my best friend in her bedroom..if I knew then what I knew now...hahaha I had Infest and listened to it "a lot" I guess.

2002- I saw them at Anger Management [went with my friend, and we were both there for Eminem honestly] and only knew the infest songs and she loves me not cuz that was their new single, but they mostly played lht stuff cuz it was around the time it came out.

2004- I saw them play at some retarded show in the middle of a corn field. We didn't go to see them, but I was happy to see them. we saw Jerry and his wife, and pregnant Kelly and Makaile, and we were able to meet Jacoby [who was a complete ass because he was drunk. lol..I'm not ashamed to say that here cuz I've told him that story to his face before xD ]

and like, I dunno sometime between then [aug 8 04] and then GAWM coming out a few weeks later...and then running into Jacoby at an alien ant farm show at a bar in sacramento...and then accidentally getting tickets to Jay Leno in july for the day they were playing [a week after running into him] ....I dunno..that big mashup of events in that like, 8 months they became my favorite band and I got obsessed lol. it all happened so random, I don't even really remember how they got into my heart the way they have.

and the rest is history. lol

Newsletter Signup