Dear Superstar

May 11

for those who went to the uk shows.what did you think of them? i think there a great band

Replies to This Posting

  1. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 11

    I agreed with coby. They were really good. Rob knows all about them I bet he'll be on here soon :) x

  2. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    They were alright, I thought the lyrics were a bit crap. And the guitarist needs to wear more flattering clothes. Moobs alert! (Not that I'm really bothered, he was pretty epic on that guitar).

  3. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    You were right Jade, i would be here as soon as i saw that. I was out in Preston with them on Saturday night, all of them are excellent dead-on blokes who love what they do and truly appreciate the support they have been getting from fans off the Papa Roach tour. Micky to me is one of the most charismatic front men i've had the pleasure of seeing live and speaking to. I've only just got over my hangover from Saturday night with them lol I've put the photos on my myspace from Saturday Jade lol

    If you liked them, you should defo download "Heartless" off iTunes or pop into HMV and buy it because it is a really good album and its even better live. I've seen them 5 times in 3 weeks and their live show doesn't get boring or stagnent. Will be 6 times at Download and then 7 times in Oxford hopefully. :) I wouldn't say they are an excellent band just yet, i don't think they'd say that themselves, they are a really good band though with so much potential to be a truly excellent band in a couple of years. I honestly believe that these guys will be the next massive British rock/metal band bit like BFMV are now and are big in America. I can see the same happening with DS, they've opened for BRFV, PR and now playing Download. They are starting to get the attention they deserve.

    ps. listen to their song called "Hollywood Whore", btw it was written before Jacoby penned the Papa Roach song. Both are very good songs, but they wasn't allowed to play their completely different song of the same name during the PR tour for obvs reasons.

    Essay over for now lol

  4. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    i'll have a look at your photos Rob :) x

  5. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    They are opening for Buckcherry and Papa Roach across Europe now, Jacobdy wasn't talking BS when he said he'd look after them guys. They really deserve a big break like this :)

  6. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    Rob_J87 wrote:
    They are opening for Buckcherry and Papa Roach across Europe now, Jacobdy wasn't talking BS when he said he'd look after them guys. They really deserve a big break like this :)


    yeah they were really good, they deserve it. any plans of an album? x

  7. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    They already have two albums out Jade with "Heartless" being the most recently released in October 2008. Great album, I've been listening to that album the most out of any album the last 1 or 2 weeks. Will have seen them six times at Download this year lol seen them 5 times in 3 weeks so far lol But its hard to say no to one of their shows because they really have potential and even Jacoby realises that.

  8. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    Rob_J87 wrote:
    They already have two albums out Jade with "Heartless" being the most recently released in October 2008. Great album, I've been listening to that album the most out of any album the last 1 or 2 weeks. Will have seen them six times at Download this year lol seen them 5 times in 3 weeks so far lol But its hard to say no to one of their shows because they really have potential and even Jacoby realises that.


    i'll see if i can find their albums anywhere.
    so they're opening for roach at download?
    what about bristol and oxford? x

  9. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    No they are playing the Tuborg stage at Download, Papa Roach are playing the second stage. They are touring with PR after that around Europe but only the Oxford gig with them in the UK as In This Moment are already booked to appear at Bristol.

    You won't find their albums on a torrent, you can get it off of iTunes or you could buy it from a gig of theirs for a fiver which for how ace the album is, is a bargain.

  10. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    me n my mate thought they were great in birmingham n the next day i got both their albums and i think they are both good

  11. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    Though I didn't catch much of them, they were MUCH better than Filter. Definitley should have played after them.

  12. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 12

    Sammy! wrote:
    Though I didn't catch much of them, they were MUCH better than Filter. Definitley should have played after them.


    Anything would of been better than Filter tbh. Not a band that people appear to be a fan of in the UK. Saying that, a guy near me in Birmingham was really into them, guess they are a rare species lol

  13. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 13

    Rob_J87 wrote:
    Sammy! wrote:
    Though I didn't catch much of them, they were MUCH better than Filter. Definitley should have played after them.


    Anything would of been better than Filter tbh. Not a band that people appear to be a fan of in the UK. Saying that, a guy near me in Birmingham was really into them, guess they are a rare species lol


    i saw the lead singer getting photos with people and i'm like, i wouldn't of known who he was if it wasn't for manchester x

  14. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 13

    They were okay..
    they came outside when i was waiting for Papa Roach...
    one of them was talking to my mother! haha.
    to be perfectly honest with you.. iv never heard of them in my life...

    but anyway.
    @ the london show i couldn't hear what the singer was singing..

    sorry if i offended anyone!!!

  15. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 13

    Hybrid911 wrote:
    Rob_J87 wrote:
    Sammy! wrote:
    Though I didn't catch much of them, they were MUCH better than Filter. Definitley should have played after them.


    Anything would of been better than Filter tbh. Not a band that people appear to be a fan of in the UK. Saying that, a guy near me in Birmingham was really into them, guess they are a rare species lol


    i saw the lead singer getting photos with people and i'm like, i wouldn't of known who he was if it wasn't for manchester x


    When I was backstage I was sitting waiting, and the guitarist for Filter (I think. My step brother said so) pushed right past us without so much as a glimpse at us. Talk about being up yourself...

  16. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 13

    Sammy! wrote:

    When I was backstage I was sitting waiting, and the guitarist for Filter (I think. My step brother said so) pushed right past us without so much as a glimpse at us. Talk about being up yourself...


    what a cock! i didn't see them in manchester, i saw dear superstar walk past us and say hey but that's it lmao x

  17. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 13

    I walked by Filter in H&M in Birmingham, didn't even bother to say anything to them because they seemed like jumped up pricks tbh and it seems to me as if they actually are judging my people who have met them etc. Filter supposadly kept themselves to themselves on that tour anyway whereas Papa Roach were all nice and supportive and made good friends with DS. DS are people who have time for anyone from what i've seen, if you want to talk to them, they'll talk to you, FIlter just look like they'd tell you to fuck off!!!

    Thats why DS will be bigger than Filter will ever be in a few years times. I know Filter have sold records a long time ago but fuck em, they were shit live, they sound shit on cd's and they are pricks. DS sound good live, sound great on cd and have Jacoby's backing. They deserve to become the next big British rock/metal band.

    I never want to see Filter live again, they were crap in Manc, and they were crap in Birmingham.

  18. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 13

    Filter are shit! lol i think thats all i need to say for that band. Don't wana offend anyone who likes them but i thought they were shocking on stage.

  19. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 13

    munks wrote:
    Filter are shit! lol i think thats all i need to say for that band. Don't wana offend anyone who likes them but i thought they were shocking on stage.


    You were banging your head to Filter lol You have all of their cd's lol o.j :p they were shit!!!

  20. RE: Dear Superstar

    May 13

    Rob_J87 wrote:
    Sammy! wrote:
    Though I didn't catch much of them, they were MUCH better than Filter. Definitley should have played after them.


    Anything would of been better than Filter tbh. Not a band that people appear to be a fan of in the UK. Saying that, a guy near me in Birmingham was really into them, guess they are a rare species lol


    yea my dad likes filter

Get the latest from Papa Roach!