Nirvana!

May 19

So, if you know me personally or have known me in the past, I'm a huge Nirvana Junkie! Kurt Cobain was amazing! I definitely have tons of Nirvana merchandise and books upon books. I just recently FINALLY got their box set and I love it! Nirvana is precious to me, especially Kurt! I've always been interested in him! It took me forever to decide to buy his Journal, because I felt like it was wrong for so many people to be invading his privacy and I waited a few years, before I decided to just go ahead, because of my admiration and I have read it so many times! It definitely intrigues me. I can remember when I first got it in the mail, I read it in one night!

Basically, I could go on and on and on and on about Nirvana, they are just as dear to me as Papa Roach and I would give anything to have seen them live just once.

Any other fans here? :)

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Nirvana!

May 19

my knowledge of nirvana came in useful for the quiz we did at my old school the other week :D x

2. RE: Nirvana!

May 19

YES!!!!lol I am a big Nirvana fan. They were the best grung band of them all. I only have a few of there cds but they rock. Kurt was a great at everything. He played the guitar very well. He rocked. I am like you i wish i could have seen them life just one time.

3. RE: Nirvana!

May 19

Elliott Love wrote:
    YES!!!!lol I am a big Nirvana fan. They were the best grung band of them all. I only have a few of there cds but they rock. Kurt was a great at everything. He played the guitar very well. He rocked. I am like you i wish i could have seen them life just one time.

I know!! I was only four years old when Kurt died and didn't get into them until I was about 10 years old, but when I got into them, I was INTO them, like obsessed! I can bet any money in the world though, that if I was a teenager back then I definitely would have been banging my head to some live Nirvana! I mean, if there was some way Kurt was resurrected from the dead (ignore my imagination, LMAO) and there was ONE last performance, and prices were OUTRAGEOUS, like in the $1,000s, I would get that money and I would go! LMAO - Nirvana definitely has been a huge inspiration in my life, just as Papa Roach and Kurt was definitely an amazing person.

4. RE: Nirvana!

May 19

YES! i love nirvana too. kurt was a pretty amazing dude...just w/ a fucked up life :\. i would of loved to see them in concert too [[it would of been amazing]]

5. RE: Nirvana!

May 20

Nirvana are awesome. As someone else said, to see them live would have been so good! Kurt and co made some amazing music and it's a shame such a talen was lost. But at least we still have Grohl. David Grohl for President!

6. RE: Nirvana!

May 20

Dave for presdient i agree.lol I would pay $1,000 to see em live. I was just a few months old when it happend.

7. RE: Nirvana!

May 21

I cannot stand Nirvana. They are just "OK" at best and would not be as popular today if Kurt Cobain hadn't off'd himself.

8. RE: Nirvana!

May 21

Keyser Soze wrote:
    I cannot stand Nirvana. They are just "OK" at best and would not be as popular today if Kurt Cobain hadn't off'd himself.

I would say that I had facts to disprove that comment, but I don't. In my eyes, Nirvana was the best grunge band out there and granted, they might not be AS popular as they are now and as popular as they have been in the past, but they would still have so many admiring fans. There definitely was a beauty in the band.

Kurt was amazing and he was one of the most talented musicians, in my opinion. At least people can't ever take his music away. I look up to Kurt in some aspects. In a number of ways, he was far from a perfect person. But I look up to him because he was himself and did what he wanted when others wanted him to do something else. He decided on a dream and committed to it. I look up to him in those aspects. People think that just because I'm into Nirvana, I'm going to be on drugs and kill myself. I don't look up to Kurt because he killed himself (although I have very different views on his death, I won't go into it). I look up to him because of the music and his story of committing to a dream and doing it. I see Nirvana as an above average, fun, grunge, rock band. They had an interesting outlook, a suitable image for people to latch on to and Cobain had a knack for writing a pop melody and coating it in rough distortion. There was a sense of honesty about the band and they didn't take themselves too seriously.

9. RE: Nirvana!

May 22

I think Nirvana is a great band. I have all their albums to including the box set. Granted...I think some of the songs could have been left off of it like certain demos and whatnot cause well...they were just awful. I still say one of my favourite Nirvana songs is "Ain't it a Shame" haha. Love it! I think Kurt was a better musician then people gave him credit for. People knock musicians when they don't show off and they say they suck and shit like that. There's more to being a musician then playing guitar solos...there was an artistry to Kurt's playing. The music reached a generation of kids...pretty incredible really. Most people go off of the singles like Teen Spirit or Rape Me and make their judgements on the band from that...there's a lot more to Nirvana then their singles.

I've read a lot of books to...Charles Cross' Heavier then Heaven is a particular fav. But the one thing I would never touch is his diaries...I thought about it a lot but I could never bring myself to read them. He seemed like all he ever wanted was privacy and reading his diaries would just be...I dunno...wrong to me.

10. RE: Nirvana!

May 22

I'm reading Heavier Than Heaven for the second time right now and I would say the book I favor the most is Love & Death. A few months ago, I also bought a whopping HUGE biography book, but have only skimmed over it thus far. It's so huge. I want time to set aside to be in the mood to indulge all of it's amazingness at once. :D

Hahaha. Ain't it a shameeeee to go fishin' on a sunday, ain't it a shameeee.

Ain't it a shame to beat yo' wife on a sunday, when you got Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, friday, Saturday, ain't it a shame. Such a fun, upbeat song. I love it. It's one of my favorites as well.

Sappy is another huge fav. of mine. Honestly, every song is a favorite of mine. The music just appeals to me, all of it. I can't say I dislike one song I've ever heard of theirs, and I've heard them all that were released.

11. RE: Nirvana!

May 23

There are some not so good ones...never really been a fan of Mexican Seafood haha! Ya it is a really cool upbeat song...different which is why I like it!..Ain't it a Same I mean. Have you seen the DVD Live tonight sold out? I think it's fucking amazing! Have you read anything on his case at all? I have one book...shit I can't remember the name of it right now...detailed though. The only thing I didn't like about Heavier then Heaven was where he described what Kurt did during his last moments...no one knew and I think that should have been left out.

12. RE: Nirvana!

May 23

sixxersworld wrote:
    There are some not so good ones...never really been a fan of Mexican Seafood haha! Ya it is a really cool upbeat song...different which is why I like it!..Ain't it a Same I mean. Have you seen the DVD Live tonight sold out? I think it's fucking amazing! Have you read anything on his case at all? I have one book...shit I can't remember the name of it right now...detailed though. The only thing I didn't like about Heavier then Heaven was where he described what Kurt did during his last moments...no one knew and I think that should have been left out.

The DVD is amazing! :D I couldn't tell you how many times I've rewatched and rewatched the thing, honestly!

Ohhhh, have I read anything on the case! :D That's how I first got into Nirvana. First, I just decided to google Kurt Cobain one day and then I began a 2-week journey online, reading everything, everything, everything there was online about Kurt and his death! To keep things at a moderate discussion, I'll try to not sound bias to one side of this, because in the past, I've gotten into many heated-arguments on his death and to be honest, I don't want to repeat it all over again! Haha - BUT, my blunt opinion - he didn't kill himself. A lot of people will read this and say in their mind "you're a fucking loon! He shot himself in the head!" etc, etc. and some will even say the same, even if they read all of the 'facts' and speculations of him being murdered. SO, I will add, just to satisfy those who will get stirred - if he killed himself, there was still something fishy about it. He was JUST getting his life straight and was tired of Nirvana and tired of Courtney and just wanted to be back home! Courtney, don't get me started on her. She's just a fucking loon. -- BUT, a lot of people say "Courtney killed Kurt" and I think that's just dumb! There's proof she wasn't even in the same state, but I DO believe that she had SOMETHING to do with it and she knows what really happened. That's just the way I think. I've read the unbiased stuff to and i still stand firm on what I say. Even after 6 years of thinking the same way. :)

Sorry, I must warn - I ramble about some Nirvana and some Kurt.

13. RE: Nirvana!

May 23

Btw, there's a biography about layne staley (singer of alice in chains, another great artist lost at an early age, tho his was an OD) but the writer mentions how kurt could have been a target of a mafia type killing. there is supposed to be a list that is made of famous people and to be a "made man" of the mob, you have to kill a person from the list. not saying its 100% true, but you know... no smoke without fire...

14. RE: Nirvana!

May 23

i love nirvana. me and a friend of mine spent a whole year at school spending everyday just talking bout them and about kurt and his death. im still not sure what i think happened but i dont think he killed himself

15. RE: Nirvana!

May 23

pygmy_kelly wrote:
    i love nirvana. me and a friend of mine spent a whole year at school spending everyday just talking bout them and about kurt and his death. im still not sure what i think happened but i dont think he killed himself

we'll probably never know!

16. RE: Nirvana!

May 23

no probably not

17. RE: Nirvana!

May 23

I'm glad to see some of the same speculations I have from others on this site! :D

I've also read about the mafia situation. I wouldn't rule it out. Sure, it could seem a bit far-fetched, but from what I have read, Courtney knew some serious-crazy people such as mobbies as well. You never know! Plus, Seattle Police Department suck ass. Just thought I'd throw that in there. They see a 'junkie' laid out with an obvious bullet to the head and they just rule it as a suicide, instead of going further into the case, when there were unanswered questions and weird empty spaces all among the case and just in the actual room and in the house - granted, I'm sure that's what all police say when they see something of that kind - but there's also pretty obvious events - wrong-doings while investigating in his death and they just summed it up as a suicide and decided so be it. Most would, right? Which is the sad thing.

About the whole Mob-speculation thing - you remember when the SPD decided to reopen the case and the next day, went against what they said for no legit reasoning? Families could have been threatened, etc. - you never know. I definitely wouldn't rule it out.

How about the guy that decided to speak out of Courtney offering him money to kill her husband - later before he got his 'interview' or whatever you would like to call it - BAM, hit by a train.

Tom Grant is a pretty grand guy. :)

I've warned, I rant. I just keep going and going about some of these things. If I annoy you, let me know. Haha

18. RE: Nirvana!

May 23

My theory has always been that someone helped him kill himself...like he didn't have the balls or the ability to do it all on his own. I think the mafia thing seems a little too far fetched and I never thought that Courtney killed him...I mean she was making way too much money and getting far too much publicity from him to do that. And that dude that mentioned that Courtney offered him money and shit...I dunno I think that was a publicity stunt personally. There are way too many loop holes in the case to make any definate assumptions though.

19. RE: Nirvana!

May 23

sixxersworld wrote:
    I think the mafia thing seems a little too far fetched and I never thought that Courtney killed him...I mean she was making way too much money and getting far too much publicity from him to do that. And that dude that mentioned that Courtney offered him money and shit...I dunno I think that was a publicity stunt personally. There are way too many loop holes in the case to make any definate assumptions though.

Yeah, she was getting a lot of money and fame from him - but he was ready for a divorce, or at least, ready to leave her. He wanted to quit Nirvana and Courtney, so to speak. He was done and just wanted a life without all of that. Meaning, her money supply and 'fame' was chanced at getting cut or watered down.

And granted, that could have been a publicity stunt. I'm open-minded about all assumptions, because like you said, too many loops and turns and pot holes to have a definite answer and we'll never have one.

20. RE: Nirvana!

May 23

About quitting Nirvana...didn't he say in one of his last interviews that he wanted to try and take a different musical direction with the band? I always wondered that would have sounded like.

Newsletter Signup