What song got you hooked on PRoach?

Jan 02

There must be a song for everyone, whether it's the first one you heard, or the first one you really connected with.

Back in 06', when I started watching Wrestling, I first heard "To Be Loved". And I suppose that meant something, cause I started researching them and bought TPS. I already knew Forever and Time Is Running Out from the Myspace page, but when I heard Crash, that was it. That song right there.
It's funny 'cause it's not even one of my favourites right now xD

But for me: Crash.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re:

Jan 02

I can't say a song got me hooked on Papa Roach, actually hahah. My experience is quite.. interesting.

Back in December '02, I went to FYE to return this movie I had gotten for Christmas since I got that same movie twice both from my aunt / mom. I could either exchange that movie for something around the same price or just return it. So, I went around the music section, just lookin' around for some bands I had known. Then, Infest caught my eye. I immediately picked it up, and I really didn't wanna put it down hahaha. I had never heard of them before. Never heard a song. Nothing. Something in my gut was just telling me to take the CD and leave. I kept thinking it over and thinking it'd be a waste of money if I didn't like them.. little did I know hahaha. I actually put the album back a couple of times, but I finally just decided to get it, and check em out. So while I was in the car I opened up the album, and popped it in the CD player just to check out a song. Right as Infest started playing, I was hooked. I didn't have to hear a word, but I was hooked. I kept looking down at the album, and I was just really happy, haha. After Infest I took out the album, since I was already pulling up into the driveway. I remember I literally ran upstairs to my room, put the album in my stereo and listened to that album 4 times straight, hahaha. I had never had a band that hit on such a level with me. Every word was true, and related with me in some way. I remember the next day I bought LHT as well, and had that same exact connection. Now here I am today, 6 years later, still lovin' on these guys, hahaha. People I know think it's amazing how after all this time I still love them. I have people come up to me that I haven't talked to in the longest time that'll come up to me and ask if I still do. Then they look at a P.Roach necklace I'll have on and they'll be like STILL? hahaha.

2. hard to tell

Jan 02

I don't quite remember I guess it was forever & to be loved & gawm, those awesome songs from one band???? after that there was no turning back from them *lol* yeah I only got to know gawm after the other songs

3. Re:

Jan 02

forever was the song that made me listen to them. but i remember a long time ago sitting in my friends room on the floor with the infest album near us, i picked it up and was like EWW but i liked last resort and between angels and insects but never knew what band it was. i even remember hearing blood brothers on one of the tony hawk soundtracks. then a few years later when gawm came out, my friend was obsessed with scars and i "hated" it just to annoy them cuz thats how we are with eachother lol and gawm i liked too, yet still didnt know what band this was, and eventually i heard forever on the radio through the end of 06 and beginning of 07 i guess, and finally looked up the song and some other songs by them and thats when the "holy shit, thats them?" hit me and i think its kinda funny that it happened that way. but if i was actually into music when i first heard em, it wouldnt have taken that long im sure :D but originally, it was probably BAAI that really got me hooked in the first place to that type of music back then. and also,, my friend had mx vs atv which has anxiety on the soundtrack and me and that same friend were like thats a badass song.

4. Re:

Jan 02

"She Loves Me Not." The title alone had me interested. The lyrics were right out of where I was coming from.

5. yeah

Jan 02

The song that hooked me was between angles and insects

6. Heres how "Thrown Away" got me hooked :)

Jan 02

i first heard PRoach when i was in 3rd grade, i remember my sister coming home with about 4 or 5 different cds that she bought and started putting them on the computer right away, i only remember 3 of those cds and they were Infest, 13 Ways To Bleed On Stage by Cold, and Godsmacks Awake album, (which is why i am also a HUGE Godsmack fan ;)) anyway i remember her playing Godsmack, then she puts Infest in (remember i didnt know who it was atm) and of course she starts playing Last Resort right away but i was sittin on the bed just listening and i just remember liking the guitar intro to LR but i didnt ask what band it was, she listens to the whole album and puts in Cold then hours later she starts jammin PR again and i remember going in her room and one of her friends was with her so i just sit down on the bed and keep quiet then she starts playing "Thrown Away" and remember that song is almost 10min long so she fast forwards it to almost half way and i didnt hear anything so i assumed the song over then i start to hear some weird noise and then that echoing noise from the guitar and Jacoby starts singing, i was sitting there listening to it cuz it sounded like..all calm and mellow ya know and i liked it, so after it was over i told her i liked that song and she smiles n says "really? i like that second part of the song too" so she plays it again and we just sit there and listen...i started listening to that song and the album more and more and was eventually really into them. So that second part of "Thrown Away" is what got me hooked :) and to this day its still my favorite song on Infest and im sure glad as hell and thankful my sister got me into them! Papa Roach is one amazing and unique band, and im glad to say that ive been a fan for 8 years now...i know i'll be listening to them when im like...80 years old lol....WOOHOO PAPA ROACH FOREVER!!! haha ^_^

7. What Song Got ME hooked on PRoach?

Jan 02

back in 2002, i started listen to papa roach (SCARRED)
    i was addicted to Jacoby Shaddix,
    Songs i first herd of :Last Resort,Blood Brothers,Between Angels and insects, ... To Be Loved and getting away with murder. Overall i listen to all there Sh*t . byfare the best song :Broken Home, also when they came to crue fest. JACOBY ROCKED IT!!
    and other kick ass song :Hollywood Whore|Passed Out On The Floor| Im Sorry But The Partys Over!!!

8. Moderator

Re:

Jan 02

ehhh...it wasn't a song, it was a show for me.

9. Re:

Jan 03

last resort cause that was how my life was at the time

10. Re:

Jan 03

hmm i had seen the boys a few times back in the day and got to meet them once when i hardly knew who they were and still wasnt quit completely insane about em but they were one of my favs but it wasnt till i seen the vid for GAWM that i was like shit this band is kick ass! and i got way into them. and now thats my fav song and prob always will be lol

11. Re:

Jan 03

blood brothers had me hooked before, but now i'm so damn hooked on hollywood whore, so much that i asked my band if we could squeeze it in for a cover song xD

12. 2001

Jan 03

Last resort when I was 14 heard it on the radio and saw them live 2001 at Reading festival. I crowd surfed for the 1st and last time lol, was such a cool gig got me hooked when seeing them live!!!!!!

13. RE: What song got you hooked on PRoach?

Jan 03

Busta wrote:
    ehhh...it wasn't a song, it was a show for me.

Me too! It was love at first sight, LOL! Had heard their stuff, and liked it a lot, but became obsessed after seeing them live.

14. Moderator

RE: What song got you hooked on PRoach?

Jan 03

save*the*tatas wrote:
    Me too! It was love at first sight, LOL! Had heard their stuff, and liked it a lot, but became obsessed after seeing them live.

haha mine was like, second sight. lolll. I saw them perform at anger management in 02, I'd liked Infest a lot, but they weren't my favorite band or anything. then I saw them in 04, and met Coby, even tho he was a jerk, and then a few months later, GAWM came out, and then we saw Jacoby at a little bar in Sacramento, and then a week later, we went down to see them at Jay Leno, and by then, I was 'obsessed' so it was that show + a series of events

15. What song got you hooked on PRoach?

Jan 03

2 me, it's a tie between Getting away with Murder and Between Angels and Insects Bcause Angels& insects was the first song I heard From these guys & Getting away with Murder Kick ASS! It blew my mind! 4 Me, : Between Angels & Insects

16. DES avatar DES

Re:

Jan 03

the 1st song i heard was getting away with murder then i looked on another songs and i found last resort then ...to be loved after that forever and then hollywood whore, lifeline and Between Angels & Insects

17. Sneaky at a young age

Jan 03

The first song that got me hooked, also was the first music video outside of boy bands I ever watched. My parents told me to go to bed. So I shut the door, turned on my tv (with knobs), lowered the volume and changed channels until I saw the opening of BAAI. I was hooked ever since then, and never looked back.

18. Video Games At A Young Age

Jan 04

I'm 15 currently, in first grade, Tony Hawk's Proskater 4 I believe it was came out, Blood Brothers was a track on it, after listening to it I loved it, had my mom take me to the store and I bought Infest, listened to them since, lovehatetragedy came out, I heard She Loves Me Not on the radio, bought it, then GAWM came out, I saw that online, I immediatly fell in love with Harder Than a Coffin Nail, and I've always been a P-Roach fan, and I loved the hardcore change on that album, then Scars I heard on the radio and said, time to buy my third Papa Roach album, then alas, I-Tunes was out! And the day The Paramour Sessions came out I bought the album off I-tunes and burned it to a CD, P-Roach is my favorite band and I cannot wait for Metamorphisis! Hollywood Whore was AWESOME, and the little bit of Lifeline is ok, but I have to hear more, P-ROACH forever, also my uncles liked the band Nirvana, and got me into them when I was first grade I love them to, talk to me people about P-Roach and if you like Nirvana, but all-in-all Papa Roach is the best and my favorite! VIVA LA CUCARACHA!

19. watching cs movies

Jan 04

i play cs and long time ago i used to watch movies with pro's..there was one clip in wich i heard proach sing "last resort" and got addicted .after that was "to be loved.."

20. I fell in love...

Jan 04

When I first saw "Scarred" I loved the theme song a lot, which is "Alive" I'm like "These guys sound cool, I better make a note of who they are and check them out." Then one day I heard "Reckless" and I just fell in love with it. That became my official Proach song.

Get the latest from Papa Roach!