~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 07

Hello0o all my crazy fellow rioters i havent wrote in awhile askin for ur guyz opinions well here it is....I want to know ur honest opinions on long distance relationships. Do you believe they will work if both partners put forth the effort no matter the distance or do u think it will never work because you cant see each other often or at all. etc.
* I would love to hear from as many ppl as possible*
~~Love ya all insane bitches!~~
VIVA LA CUCARACHA! :D

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 07

me personally........i don't think long distance relationships ever end up working out. i know i wouldn't like being in one...it would be crazy never getting to see the person your in a relationship with.....but that's just my opinion XD

2. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 08

I had one once. didn't work x

3. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 08

Depends how often your apart but yeah they can work!

4. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 08

I know I personally, could never last in one. But I do have to say, in a sense of, if my current boyfriend had to go off long distance and I somehow couldn't be with him for some weird, obnoxious reason, we would make sure it would work, you know? I believe it just depends on how strong the love is, how strong the connection is, and how long they will be away. I don't condemn all long distance relationships, it's just that most do not last.

5. Moderator

RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 08

Jacoby's been with the same woman for 10 years.
    question answered. lol

no but for real...it honestly depends on the two people and both of their circumstances, so it's completely different for everyone..what works for one, could easily be the worst thing in the world for another.

6. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 08

Busta wrote:
    Jacoby's been with the same woman for 10 years.
    question answered. lol

no but for real...it honestly depends on the two people and both of their circumstances, so it's completely different for everyone..what works for one, could easily be the worst thing in the world for another.

he said in kerrang he's been married 12 years :s x
    "I’ve been married for 12 years, I’ve got kids and I want to raise them to know how to love and be compassionate." bless them they're so perfect for each other by the looks of things x

7. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 08

i never had a worry that he was cheating and yeah im still deeply in love with him with all my heart i just cant being myself to give up and move on just yet. im stubborn ;D but idk how much longer i can keep holding on when there isnt anything to hold onto besides him telling me he still loves me just as much....it fuckin sux pretty much lol thank you for the replys so far ^_^

8. Moderator

May 08

Hybrid911 wrote:

I always think they got married in 1998, not 96
    papa_roachgrl67 wrote:
    but idk how much longer i can keep holding on when there isnt anything to hold onto besides him telling me he still loves me just as much....it fuckin sux

honestly, that right there tells me it's not for you and you should probably get out of it. you don't sound too happy, and it kinda sounds like a burden and that you're obligated. :\

9. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 09

the thing is that we have been broken up for exactly 4 months today. We split on our 8month anniv. and today would have been our 1 year. Ive never felt like i did when i could say i was his and he was mine, he was in college and lived 1800 mi away from me :( and next summer i'll be moveing there when i graduate not only for being near him and hoping we work out if we are meant to be but the place where it is is gorgeous and i never knew until i met him ^_^ today has been one of the shittiest days of my life so far and i cant help but keep trying, i try to cover and bury all my feelings but when i hear his voice i choke i words i wish i could say again and it just isnt the same =/ call me crazy but i guess thats what love does :( i just hope it works out lol thats all ive got ^_~

10. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 09

Busta wrote:
    Hybrid911 wrote:

I always think they got married in 1998, not 96

he told me t was 10 years :P if I remember correctly

11. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 09

he said on the interview that he's been married nearly 12 years again.. unless coby's lost concept of time :P x

12. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 09

yeah im movein there after next summer to go to college and stuff *live* lol so00o ya'll think i shouldnt give up?! :D

13. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 09

My current relationship is long distance, he's in America and I'm in Norwich. It's a long and VERY complicated story of how we met but he has gone through hell and high water to be with me - I told him I would willingly leave uni to be with him but he wants me to graduate then come over. We speak twice a day and leave each other 100's of cute emails.

We are both very much in love with each other, the feelings we have for each other are beyond anything we have ever experienced and I know in my heart of hearts that even though there is distance at the moment, it will make the time we are together that much more special.

I'm a big believer that if you both feel the same and the effort is put in then it will work - yes there are days when I wish he was here and vise versa but we think ahead and realise that we don't have too long to wait.

14. Moderator

May 10

papa_roachgrl67 wrote:
    yeah im movein there after next summer to go to college and stuff *live* lol so00o ya'll think i shouldnt give up?! :D

moving 1800 miles to live near an exboyfriend doesn't sound like an awesome idea to me. what are you gonna do if it doesn't work out then? gonna just live out on your own with no one you know around and stuff? :\ I don't mean to be a downer, but that's a hugeee step for someone that you've been broken up with for for 4 months. I didn't realize you two were broken up..cuz that to me means that it won't work out. something obviously made you two break up..so that's a problem...if it was him that did it, that means he probably wants out and wants to stay broken up...I thought if both of you were working at it and together, that it could maybe work..but not if you're not even dating still.... sorry

15. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 10

yeah we have been broken up, to put it simply he was in college his parents felt it was dumb and didnt want him talking to me, there was a big thing i told him and he was there and dealt with it and went thru it and helped me...it was very big and he loved me enough to put everything aside and help i may not of been alive today if it wasnt for him. but he says we cant be together just yet and we are still best friends and talk when he isnt busy so its not like he doesnt care and he still tells me he loves me just as much just if we are meant to be we will and he will help me out when i move there....idk really im not gonna give up i just cant. i live here in ohio and he lives in idaho. after i met him i found out how beautiful it was there and not only for him but i would like to live and go to college there regardless so idk XD

16. Moderator

May 10

hmm..well..I wish you luck

17. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 11

I think they can work. I have been in two and thought they were the real deal. But they were the wrong people. They did not feel the way i felt i guess. As long as it does not bother you to not be able to see each other i think it can work out. Right now my girlfriend lives about 1 hour and 45 minutes away and it works. I guess that is not really long distance but it is some what. If you are truly in love i would say stay at it. Dont give up. I hope it all works out for you.

18. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

May 21

It all depends on the people and the situation. Your situation sounds kind of complicated. So I'm not exactly sure what to think about it. But yes they can happen. I was with my boyfriend for a year and a half while he was stationed in Iraq. We wrote emails and letters almost everyday, and he called when he could, and used the webcam. That of course is a little differnt situation than the one your in, but just saying it's possible..! Good luck with everything!

19. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

Jun 13

My last relationship was a long-distance-relationship and lasted really long, so if it´s love and if you get going and trust each other, it can work...always depends on the two poeple being involved, so...

20. RE: ~**Long Distance Relationships**~

Jun 14

I personally don't understand how people can make long distance relationships works, but I've never had to deal with one myself. My boyfriend & I only lives 2 miles apart, so we're together everyday. After 2 years of this I guess you can say he's spoiled me because I'm expecting to see him everyday unless there's a reason why we can't. Anyway, if the two people truly cares about each other I'm sure they can deal with it & stay together, as long as it eventually isnt a long distance relationship anymore. It can't always be long distance, right? Not if you plan on getting married someday & start a family.

Newsletter Signup