New Years Day Traditions?

Dec 31

Hey everyone! Happy 2009!!

Every year, my parents made us eat Kielbasi and Sauerkraut on New Years Day for good luck...oh, and we weren't allowed to eat chicken that day, I guess it was bad luck!

Does anyone have any interesting New Years Day traditions?

Replies to This Posting

1. Reply

Dec 31

We have always watched the ball drop in Time Square and talk about what we want to accomplish but never do, lol!!!!

2. Re:

Dec 31

sparkling apple cider! lol. ive even made it out of gingerale and apple juice xD but almost every year im somewhere different so thats the only thing that tends to stay the same lol. nothing special. last year we set off fireworks and i tripped and i got this huge scar on my knee xD

3. Moderator

Re:

Dec 31

make lots of noise at 12. haha that's it.

I can tell I'm a boring married lady now, tonight and last year we just stayed home and watched tv. hahaha.

4. RE: New Years Day Traditions?

Dec 31

Busta wrote:
    make lots of noise at 12. haha that's it.

I can tell I'm a boring married lady now, tonight and last year we just stayed home and watched tv. hahaha.

Welcome to the boring married lady club!!! Misery loves company!! LOL!!

5. Moderator

RE: New Years Day Traditions?

Dec 31

save*the*tatas wrote:

bahahaha...it's sad isn't it ;]
    I got an update on a hotline for a band that I'm subscribed to, and one of the guys was like "I'M GONNA STAY HOME AND KNIT!" and then the other one was like, dude, you did that last year...... and he was like YEAH and it turned out great didn't it! and the other says "yeah not really.."

I plan on starting to crochet a hat in a few minutes. woo! guess I must be extra super lame then. hahaha

6. miss it a bit

Jan 01

me and my gran use to stay in and wath then when clock struck 12 we use to dance to old lang sine. (don't if thats how u spell it ) Use to be good and we use to drink wine even tho I was only like 12 lol.

7. RE: New Years Day Traditions?

Jan 01

Recklezz wrote:
    *LOL* sry but I'm wondering why you eat sauerkraut? I never heard it gives u goob luck and man I'm from Germany Sauerkraut is german^^

LOL! I have absolutely no idea, but it must be huge in the area that my parents live in because all of the grocery stores carry a ton of it during the New Years Holiday. Maybe German things are good luck? LOL

8. RE: New Years Day Traditions?

Jan 01

Busta wrote:
    save*the*tatas wrote:

bahahaha...it's sad isn't it ;]
    I got an update on a hotline for a band that I'm subscribed to, and one of the guys was like "I'M GONNA STAY HOME AND KNIT!" and then the other one was like, dude, you did that last year...... and he was like YEAH and it turned out great didn't it! and the other says "yeah not really.."

I plan on starting to crochet a hat in a few minutes. woo! guess I must be extra super lame then. hahaha

Haha! That's too funny! Makes me feel a little better. Oh well, i kept telling myself I was saving all kinds of money!

9. RE: New Years Day Traditions?

Jan 01

b0ard3rl!n3rachel wrote:
    sparkling apple cider! lol. ive even made it out of gingerale and apple juice

Sounds yummy, you always have the best recipes.

10. hehe

Jan 01

Vodka!

11. RE: New Years Day Traditions?

Jan 02

Recklezz wrote:
    Anarchist wrote:
    Vodka!

is russian vodka really so different from the other ones? much stronger? or is it a myth?

Ooo, good question, recklezz!

12. Re:

Jan 11

Don't have

Newsletter Signup