Golden Globes

Jan 11

Who caught this years Golden Globes?

Any surprises, disappointments, movies that you can't wait to see now?

Of course I am sad that Michael C Hall did not win for his role on Dexter (he rocks as my most beloved serial killer), am glad Kate Winslet won (twice) and can't wait to see Revolutionary Road and Slumdog Millionaire!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re:

Jan 11

I kind of did but really didnt get into it that much..I just wanted to see if Heath Leadger won a globe and he did which was awsome becuse his role in the dark night as the joker was awsome

2. Golden Globes

Jan 11

I'm glad Colin Farrell won, his performance in "In Bruges" was pretty damn amazing.

I'm kind of disappointed that Jon Hamm didn't win for best actor in a television series (drama)... But Gabriel Byrne is a very good actor. I'm not a fan of "Dexter" but I did like Michael C Hall's role in the HBO series "Six Feet Under" (you should look into it).

"Mad Men" winning best television series (drama) made me happy...Glad "30 Rock" won a bunch of awards. I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire but, I'm a fan of Danny Boyle's work so I'll get on that...

Annddd that's all I've got.

P.S. The Dark Knight is overrated.

3. Re:

Jan 11

Just An even for wasting money... (a lot of money)

4. Moderator

Re:

Jan 12

TSKTSK!! This goes in off topic silly! not General Papa Roach :P

5. RE: Golden Globes

Jan 12

Busta wrote:

Well, it looks like I'm not the only one! LOL! Books, wrestling, etc. Thanks though!! I will try to remember next time....but will probably get confused again, lol!

6. RE: Golden Globes

Jan 12

Lesdoup wrote:
    Just An even for wasting money... (a lot of money)

I agree, but it's entertaining, and I'm not wasting my money on it, so.......

7. RE: Golden Globes

Jan 12

Keyser Soze wrote:
    I'm glad Colin Farrell won, his performance in "In Bruges" was pretty damn amazing.

I'm kind of disappointed that Jon Hamm didn't win for best actor in a television series (drama)... But Gabriel Byrne is a very good actor. I'm not a fan of "Dexter" but I did like Michael C Hall's role in the HBO series "Six Feet Under" (you should look into it).

"Mad Men" winning best television series (drama) made me happy...Glad "30 Rock" won a bunch of awards. I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire but, I'm a fan of Danny Boyle's work so I'll get on that...

Thanks, I will add "In Bruges" to my list...

I absolutely loved "Six Feet Under" too, it seems like not that many people I know watched it, so it's good to hear of another fan....great show.

Aaaaaand, I agree with all your remarks. Although I haven't watched Mad Men, I have heard great things and it's on my list also.

8. Moderator

Golden Globes

Jan 12

haha that's why we need moderators in hurr lol

9. Golden Globes

Jan 12

save*the*tatas wrote:
    Keyser Soze wrote:

Thanks, I will add "In Bruges" to my list...

I absolutely loved "Six Feet Under" too, it seems like not that many people I know watched it, so it's good to hear of another fan....great show.

Aaaaaand, I agree with all your remarks. Although I haven't watched Mad Men, I have heard great things and it's on my list also.

butbut The Dark Knight was such a great movie! Even after seeing it 6 times. Cept once "Hello Nurse" by Treaty of Paris popped into my head during the scene with the joker as a nurse, my mind was filled with horrible images >.< haha.

10. Re:

Jan 18

I also watched. I'm really glad Kate Winslet won both of the awards she was nominated for. She's had a total of 7 nominations and these were her first two wins. In one night. I'm also looking forward to seeing Revolutionary Road, and Slumdog Millionaire. I've heard Benjamin Button is also a really good movie, however, it's 2 hours and 45 mins long. I love 30 Rock, so I'm glad the show, and Tina Fey won.

11. RE: Golden Globes

Jan 21

save*the*tatas wrote:
    Busta wrote:

Well, it looks like I'm not the only one! LOL! Books, wrestling, etc. Thanks though!! I will try to remember next time....but will probably get confused again, lol!

I know i made a Opps to ..but it said Just General befor it said General papa roach

Newsletter Signup