my story so far...

Mar 04

so i have to write a story for english. i need to know if its any good or not before i give it to my teacher lol. so please read it and give me suggestions or something. this is what i have so far:

One night, it was storming and very dark outside. A man was walking home from work, and had to go past a cemetery. The entire town believed it was haunted, but the man didn't believe in ghosts. As he walked past, he thought he saw a light flickering out of the corner of his eye. He looked, but didn't see anything, so he kept walking. Then he saw it again. He stopped and watched it. It was small and dim, as if someone was across the cemetery carrying a lantern or flashlight.
He went inside and began walking toward the light, thinking that someone might have gotten lost. He walked for what seemed like forever, but he couldn't get any closer to the light. He was almost ready to give up and leave when all of a sudden, the light flew across the cemetery and disappeared. Then he heard footsteps behind him, but when he turned around, there was nobody to be seen. The man continued walking, still trying to figure out where the light went. Again, he heard the footsteps behind him, but when he turned around, there was still nothing there. Then he heard what sounded like a party coming from the direction of several graves a little ways away. There was music playing, and the sound of peoples' voices laughing and talking.
He decided to go see who could possibly be having a party in the cemetery in the middle of the night, but as he started walking towards the sound, he heard something else behind him. It sounded like a marching band practicing on the other side of the cemetery. Now he was getting a little nervous. Who would practice in the middle of the night, especially in a graveyard?
He quickly left the noisy cemetery and began quickly walking home. The footsteps behind him continued, matching his pace. The faster he ran, the faster the steps behind him got. When he finally reached his house, he quickly dug through his pockets to find his keys and unlock the door. He slammed the door behind him and locked it tightly. He turned on the light and looked around the room. He was there alone, or so he thought. It was completely quiet. Then all of a sudden, the back door slammed. The man froze and quietly listened. He didn't hear any more sounds. It was just the wind, he thought. He slowly walked toward the kitchen, where the door had slammed shut. There wasn't anybody, or anything, to be seen. He tried to calm down and kept telling himself that ghosts weren't real, that his imagination was overreacting. But he still couldn't shake the feeling that something was watching him.
He went upstairs to change his clothes and get ready to go to bed. While he was in his bedroom, he thought he heard music playing. Then it slowly got louder and louder. It was the same marching band that he had heard in the cemetery. It sounded like it was in his living room! He quickly ran downstairs to see what was going on, but the music suddenly stopped and it was as if nothing had happened. The man walked back upstairs, wondering what in the world he had been hearing. As soon as he got back into his bedroom, the band started up again. It continued to get louder and louder until he couldn't stand it any longer and again went downstairs to see where it was coming from, and again it stopped as soon as he reached the living room. He went to the basement and found his gun, then ran as fast as he could back up to his room and locked the door behind him. He got into bed, leaving the light on, and putting the gun on his nightstand beside him within reach.

-------------------------------------------------------
i l o v e n a c : )

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: my story so far...

Mar 04

Actually I like it, and is good!!!
    When I read the part of the gun I thought about a suicide, but that's cool... I can't wait to hear the complete story ^^

2. Re: my story so far...

Mar 04

that was sick....... yeah when u finish it u should post the rest

3. Re: my story so far...

Mar 04

I don't know what do you mean about sick but you should put your advances

4. Re: my story so far...

Mar 04

well im glad you like it :) haha idk what my teacher is gonna think of it, especially when i get to the end. i already have an idea of whats going to happen to him, but i havent told anyone else yet. i will post the rest as soon as i finish it.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    i l o v e n a c : )

5. Re: my story so far...

Mar 10

When your finished summarize it. Don't post it because people can easily just steal your work. That wouldn't be cool. But yeah great story ;)

Get the latest from Papa Roach!