I have a tattoo dilemma lol

Mar 16

So I've been saving my money [pocket change, so it's coming slowly lol] to add onto my To Be Loved lyrics, but I need 200$ for it. I've got about $50 now and I think I'm going to use it to get my Busta tattoo [just the word Busta with maybe some colored swirlies around it or something] instead of waiting months and months to get 200$ lol

I want to get it on the side of my hand, the part that you rest on the table when you write...but a bunch of people are telling me to consider other places before I get a hand tattoo [big commitment] but I can't really think of anywhere else to get it, so I'm looking for some suggestions to consider. lol

Replies to This Posting

1. Re:

Mar 16

i dont know if you would like this one but ive always been fascinated with the cartilage on top of the ear. so every time someone asks what your name is all you have to do is point lol

2. Moderator

RE: I have a tattoo dilemma lol

Mar 16

CrueRoachExplosive wrote:
    i dont know if you would like this one but ive always been fascinated with the cartilage on top of the ear. so every time someone asks what your name is all you have to do is point lol

haha you know. that's funny. I've actually been kinda "saving" my ear to get some sort of swirly stuff on the edge...because I've wanted my ears pierced all the way up for...my whole life, but my cartilage piercings don't like to heal even after I've had them for years..so I figured I'd just tattoo there.

I thought about doing the name there too, but I think I want it in a place that people see more//a place that's bigger and more readable :]

but thanks for responding haha

3. Re:

Mar 17

Wrist!! Haha =D

4. Re:

Mar 17

I wouldn't get it on your hand, not because it's so visible on your hand, but because you'll have to get it retouched sooner than you want to :P

Hm.. any other place it might look great on... Your neck maybe? or on your foot? I'm terrible at thinking of places where to get a tattoo :P

5. Re:

Mar 17

as proach.com's resident wuss, i don't know a thing but i think back of your neck would look cool. but then again if you wear your hair down it wouldn't show. i thought about getting like the proach logo on the bottom of my back but my friend said i'd look like a chav so i decided against it for now haha x

6. RE: I have a tattoo dilemma lol

Mar 17

Hybrid911 wrote:
    as proach.com's resident wuss, i don't know a thing but i think back of your neck would look cool. but then again if you wear your hair down it wouldn't show. i thought about getting like the proach logo on the bottom of my back but my friend said i'd look like a chav so i decided against it for now haha x

What!! If you want it, get it! I say get it :D

7. Re:

Mar 17

I sent this to you on twitter, but it was being really lame, lol.

How about on your forarm? Then you can get it a little bigger.. or what about the top part on your hand between your index / thumb? That'd be pretty badass.

8. I have a tattoo dilemma lol

Mar 17

Hmmm, I wanted to my palms before, to match my knuckles but I was told I'd have to keep redoing it every few idk months or something.. Is that the situation with this one? I like the idea of it being where you originally wanted it. But I would also say it might be cool to get it on the back of ur neck or on your hand between your thumb and first finger, (is that where you have the crackhead tattoo, or is that where coby has his? That spot lol) or you could do it on the wrist, a few of my friends have gotten their nicknames going down their arms... hmm how about your foot lol....I swear these guys took those ideas outta my head and posted them before I could lol, well I second those motions.... if you are super fit it might be cool to do it above your "happy place" lol not on it but above it. But it really depends on how often you want people to see it.. Do what tupac did and get thug life on your stomache. Hahahha Just kidding... idk that popped into my head and I had to say it... idk. Hmmmm....... Ill keep think for ya.. Oh oh oh
    I wanted to ask you something... you ever think twice about getting ur to be loved lyrics tattooed. I may.. Underline and highlight may be getting most of the chorus of born with nothing on my ribs tomorrow, it really depends on if I have enough money and the guy has enough time inbetween appointments... any butterflies.?... it'd be my first tat so idk. I'm kinda "wigging" out about it.. I want to be perfect and I'm getting a little obsessive about it... any advice?

< 3 Nikky

9. Moderator

Re:

Mar 17

kay I'm on my phone so lets se if I can remember everything you guys said lol

1. I'm not gonna get it on the back of my neck..no one will see it and to be quite honest...after living in california, getting the word busta on the back of my neck would make me feel like a ghetto illegal immigrant...and I mean that in the nicest and least offensive way possible lolll

2. Foot, ow. No one sees my feet because I have socks and shoes on every minutes that I'm not in the shower or sleeping.

3. I want it to be really visible..it is my nickname afterall.

4. Getting it on the top of my hand isn't something I want to do..that's worse than getting it on the side when it comes to "omg your hand is tattooed!" plus, a word there would look like I wrote on myself.

5. I was thinking that it might be a possiblity that the side of my hand wouldn't take the ink as well as somewhere else. (Nikky, getting your palm tattooed will have to be touched up alll the time..that's why people don't really get tattooed there)

6. I think I'm debating between the side of my hand and above my hand on the top of my wrist, like where jacoby has his jagger tattoo. I think I'm going to just ask my artist when I go..what his opinion is. Wrist'll be more visible in my opinion..

But when I went to get my crackhead..one shop said they charge a minimum of 200 for neck or hands..so maybe my hand'll cost hundreds more and that'll make my mind up for me haha.. Thanks guys!

10. RE: I have a tattoo dilemma lol

Mar 17

Busta wrote:

6. I think I'm debating between the side of my hand and above my hand on the top of my wrist, like where jacoby has his jagger tattoo. I think I'm going to just ask my artist when I go..what his opinion is. Wrist'll be more visible in my opinion..

The ink catches rather well on top of the wrist (just below the bone). I have a tattoo on either wrist and they are damn noticeable. People say that since it is visible the sun will hit it and lighten it over time but mine haven't lightened really since I got them 3 years ago... so it's probably the best choice and the location is somewhat feminine ... not like you're getting it on your shoulder or something.

11. tattoo

Mar 17

I'd definitely say get it on the top part of your wrist, well or the bottom. But tattoos look awesome there and you can cover it with a bracelet if you wanted to.

12. RE: I have a tattoo dilemma lol

Mar 17

la_luz wrote:
    I'd definitely say get it on the top part of your wrist, well or the bottom. But tattoos look awesome there and you can cover it with a bracelet if you wanted to.

On the underside of your wrist would be a little more painful since the skin is thinner/softer there... and it's close to veins.

13. Moderator

Mar 17

I need to find a good picture of Jacoby's Jagger tattoo. anyone have any?

Keyser Soze wrote:
    On the underside of your wrist would be a little more painful since the skin is thinner/softer there... and it's close to veins.

yeah def! my lyrics on my forearm were terrible, so I would imagine my wrists would be that + some!

Keyser Soze wrote:
    People say that since it is visible the sun will hit it and lighten it over time but mine haven't lightened really since I got them 3 years ago...

I'm psycho when it comes to putting sun tan lotion on my tattoos so they don't fade xD I hate looking at older people and their tattoos have faded to that weird blue color and it looks like the pigment scattered a little. that's from the sun..noo thank you. haha

well anyways..thanks guys for the suggestions! the more I think about it...the more I think I'll get it on the top of my wrist above my hand...although I always wear a watch, it should be fine. then everyone'll be able to see it. ahhh..I dunno. haha..we'll see what my artist thinks. [I think wrist might work better cuz then I can have purdy colors around it.]

14. I have a tattoo dilemma lol

Mar 18

Would it look something like this? : D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovely-xxxxx/3366828420/

15. Moderator

Re:

Mar 18

baahahaha...yes. actually...you went forward in time and got the official photo of it after it's finished...how dare you ruin it for everyone! [and me! hahaha]

16. Re:

Mar 18

just do the him sign around your left elbow.

17. Moderator

Mar 18

vasroach wrote:
    just do the him sign around your left elbow.

likeeeee....HIM, the band? no thank you, I hate them and everything they've become since I first heard about them when they were a Christian band singing about God. lol

18. Re:

Mar 18

i still like the side of your hand best.

19. Moderator

Re:

Mar 18

I decided on the top of wrist, cuz then I'll be able to see it more...I don't really ever look at my hand. lol. and I don't want to have to get it touched up a bunch and such..and I'm assuming it'll cost more.

20. Re:

Mar 18

ive got to get some front shoulder work done. kinda dragging my feet though. don't know why but wristlet is cool too.

Get the latest from Papa Roach!