RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 15

EDIT
RAGE DID IT! Xmas #1= Killing In The Name!

So as all of you UK residents may, or may not know, Joe McElderry won X Factor last week. And of course, with his cover of The Climb, he's obviously predicted to get the Christmas number one in the UK top 40. Now 1), everyone here knows how much I love Miley and I'm disgraced he's ruined the song hahaha. Yes he's got a good voice, but the fact Simon Cowell couldn't be arsed to get someone to write their own song for Joe annoys me. The Climb, was, is and always will be Miley's song. 2), I also hate how bloody X Factor contestants get to number one every year, almost becoming a new tradition.

So anyway yeah lol back on track. Some man shares my views, and has decided to create a Facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/pages/RAGE-AGAINST-THE-MACHINE-FOR-CHRISTMAS-NO1/197877130755?ref=search&sid=1250904155.892915381..1&v=wall) to try and get all rock fans to unite and buy the legendary song by Rage Against The Machine, Killing In The Name Of. I just thought I'd let everyone on the site know, in case a few people didn't know but wanted to help with this cause. I think I might buy it in a bit. And I sure hope that it does get to number one! Hahaha I'd love to know how Simon's gonna react.

EDIT:
It's just been announced that on downloads alone, RATM are currently in the lead by about 5,000 copies! However, Joe's single get's physically released tomorrow so.. it's gonna be a close one. Gr.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 15

I'M SICK OF HEARING ABOUT THIS EVERYWHERE I TURN FOR FUCKS SAKE I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHO GETS TO NUMBER 1 I HATE CHRISTMAS ANYWAY I WON'T BE BUYING EITHER OF THE SONGS BULLSHIT I HATE SIMON COWELL HES A TWAT

2. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 15

Whoa..chill. lol

3. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 15

sorry i just let all the anger i felt out

4. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 15

we were talking about this at the gig earlier!!! I like Miley's song. I also like Joe's version. But I'd most like to see a rock act get number 1 for xmas x

Take everything from the inside
    and throw it all away
    cos I swear for the last time
    I won't trust myself with you.

5. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

they all suck in a major way, uk charts = shit music.
    ----------
    "give it here" "NO IT'S MINE" "let me have it" "IT'S MY TURN" "you had it last" "FXCK OFF" "c'mon gimmie it" "NO WAY"... siamese twins having a wank!
    ----------

6. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

and people should get a reality check, theres kids who don't get to eat at xmas, and all you drones are spending money on a pathetic trivial thing,
    they did the same thing last year with jeff buckleys halleluja to keep alexandra off top, FAIL.
    boring, rubbish, pointless.
    ----------
    "give it here" "NO IT'S MINE" "let me have it" "IT'S MY TURN" "you had it last" "FXCK OFF" "c'mon gimmie it" "NO WAY"... siamese twins having a wank!
    ----------

7. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

^ While we all ride our shetlands, he rides his high and mighty shire.

Hasty Master-we must find the space cake!

8. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

Sammy! wrote:
    So as all of you UK residents may, or may not know, Joe McElderry won X Factor last week. And of course, with his cover of The Climb, he's obviously predicted to get the Christmas number one in the UK top 40. Now 1), everyone here knows how much I love Miley and I'm disgraced he's ruined the song hahaha. Yes he's got a good voice, but the fact Simon Cowell couldn't be arsed to get someone to write their own song for Joe annoys me. The Climb, was, is and always will be Miley's song. 2), I also hate how bloody X Factor contestants get to number one every year, almost becoming a new tradition.

So anyway yeah lol back on track. Some man shares my views, and has decided to create a Facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/pages/RAGE-AGAINST-THE-MACHINE-FOR-CHRISTMAS-NO1/197877130755?ref=search&sid=1250904155.892915381..1&v=wall) to try and get all rock fans to unite and buy the legendary song by Rage Against The Machine, Killing In The Name Of. I just thought I'd let everyone on the site know, in case a few people didn't know but wanted to help with this cause. I think I might buy it in a bit. And I sure hope that it does get to number one! Hahaha I'd love to know how Simon's gonna react.

EDIT:
    It's just been announced that on downloads alone, RATM are currently in the lead by about 5,000 copies! However, Joe's single get's physically released tomorrow so.. it's gonna be a close one. Gr.

and miley didn't even write the song either!!
    ----------
    ----------

9. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

themudsharkinterview wrote:
    ^ While we all ride our shetlands, he rides his high and mighty shire.

or a bucking bronko, either way :P x

and throw it all away

10. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

^ I used to have one of those, but then it broke for someone threw it against the wall.

Hasty Master-we must find the space cake!

11. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

wasted years wrote:
    and miley didn't even write the song either!!

I think you'll find, I didn't mention anywhere that Miley wrote the song. I said it's 'her' song, as in, it was written for HER- as a lead single for HER movie she starred in. (:

12. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

don't think rage are going to make it are they.. :-(

This is funny tho, someone has took a lot of time and effort to support the cause!! Made me smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AYUqVNSsY

13. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

Joe can't sing it.
    I must confess The Climb is a truly beautiful song but it's not made for a man it only seems to suit Miley.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I greet the world every morning with a grin on my face, put my horn in the sky and when shit happens i hold on tight and live through it like it's some fucking roller
    coaster.

14. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

PapahhRoachhLoveer. wrote:
    Joe can't sing it.
    I must confess The Climb is a truly beautiful song but it's not made for a man it only seems to suit Miley.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I greet the world every morning with a grin on my face, put my horn in the sky and when shit happens i hold on tight and live through it like it's some fucking roller
    coaster.

Aka shit
    ----------
    ----------

15. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

Lol Stu it really makes me laugh, how everything you don't like, you automatically label as "shit". Narrowminded, can we sayyyy.

16. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

Sammy! wrote:
    Lol Stu it really makes me laugh, how everything you don't like, you automatically label as "shit". Narrowminded, can we sayyyy.

logs in to say dear superstar are about to take to the stage, and they are shit to :)
    Ground swallow me up now.
    ----------
    ----------

17. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

you may not like their music but they're good guys and friends, I love them (dear superstar) and if you bump into micky or amadeus send them my love ;) x and enjoy heaven's basement, an amazing set! x

and throw it all away

18. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

wasted years wrote:

logs in to say dear superstar are about to take to the stage, and they are shit to :)
    Ground swallow me up now.

Lol...exactly my point. You see, I don't like them either. Yet I'm not gonna call them shit. I have respect for other people's taste. :P

Back of track... listening to this song so much at the minute. Really want it to beat Joe now!

19. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

Hybrid911 wrote:
    you may not like their music but they're good guys and friends, I love them (dear superstar) and if you bump into micky or amadeus send them my love ;) x and enjoy heaven's basement, an amazing set! x

and throw it all away

jacoby wannabe, who can't stop putting the mic to his crotch and pretending its his penis, i ebayd while they played, as if i'm going to bump into them, i will go outta my way to avoid lol :p
    And the guy in front of me is ginger and smells,
    And new device dudes voice was fkt so they sounded pants, boring gig thus far.
    ----------
    ----------

20. RE: RATM! for U.K xmas no.1?

Dec 16

^ I'll ignore the Micky comments and Jacoby loves them so much he asked them to tour europe with them. he may do that etc but that's just a stage thing and I'm not gonna go out of my way to be nice to you about it anymore cos you're just saying this to piss me off about Dear Superstar, and to piss sammy off about Miley and Madina Lake and I'm bored of readint it. as for Heaven's Basement, I don't know how Richie is gonna cope, he couldn't even speak last night he had to get sid to translate he's that ill, and the fact they've been touring none stop is bound to take it's toll! x

and throw it all away

Get the latest from Papa Roach!