Washington, DC; May 16, 2009

May 15

Those of you going to the Washington DC show tonight, head on back here after the show and post up your review of the show!

Replies to This Posting

1. Moderator

RE: Washington, DC; May 16, 2009

May 16

Coby seemed to be at like 95% today which was good. too bad the mic and Jerry's guitar kept going out. there were a bajillion crowd surfers and the crowd was CRAP..too rowdy...moshing like 2 people away from the rail...it freakin sucked...but it was good when I could actually see hahaha. uhmmm...yes! I made fun of them yesterday for playing so early today, but I'm glad they played when they did because it started to pour after Shinedown. then we left!

2. RE: Washington, DC; May 16, 2009

May 16

Yeah....aaaaand being weak little me didnt enjoy having fat crowd surfers dropped on my head. still good. soooo glad they played TIRO again. :D

3. RE: Washington, DC; May 16, 2009

May 17

I knew what to expect when I went to the Chili Cook-off crazy crowd, crowd surfers, and moshing but did not let it get to me I enjoyed the day no matter what happened. Papa roach was freaking awesome they were my favorite of the day! I wish that their set was longer, want to see them again soon!

4. AP avatar AP

May 17

I was happy to see that Jacoby seemed to be feeling better. I felt really bad for him at the Richmond show. Either way, both DC and Richmond shows were awesome (though always like it more when they are headlining because you get more P. Roach - was very excited to hear "Had Enough" at the Richmond show). The technical difficulties did suck yesterday and the crowd was the typical Chili Cookoff crowd where you begin to wonder if anybody is really there for the actual music. But just listening to P. Roach play yesterday was all worth it!

5. RE: Washington, DC; May 16, 2009

May 19

I was at Cook-off on Saturday too and I agree, the crowd sucked. I worked my way all of the way up to the very front just for Papa Roach. I was behind only one other person at the front rail and basically for the entire set, I was having people coming right over my head and was pushed and shoved. It was hard to pay attention to what was happening on stage which bummed me out because I had been looking forward to the show ever since it was announced they were playing. I agree, I wonder if anyone even goes for the music. But from the times that I could see and when Jacoby's mic was working, it was great. I actually got to touch Jacoby's chest when he jumped down during Time is Running Out. Definitely the highlight of my entire day!

6. Moderator

May 19

AP wrote:
    the crowd was the typical Chili Cookoff crowd where you begin to wonder if anybody is really there for the actual music.

SERIOUSLY! it was like people were only out to kill each other. my husband said he saw someone that he's pretty sure was dead. he saw the dude fall down and his eyes were open and dead looking, and the paramedics gave him mouth to mouth and took him off on a stretcher. I should look it up. I saw a girl with a broken ankle, and people with bloody faces and bloody piercings, and I was just like WTF. obviously people only wanted to go to this show to die.

and the cook off was in on it too, because they didn't have any water for anyone!! I'm surprised anyone survived, hahaha.

Tobin was turned up wayyyy too loud, I could barely hear Jerry, I even told him to turn himself up while he was playing cuz I couldn't hear him haha.

7. RE: Washington, DC; May 16, 2009

May 24

Hi guys please check out my recap of the DC 101 Chili Cook-off and spread the word to other fans on twitter, facebook, myspace etc. Please be sure to copy the entire link below!

http://www.examiner.com/x-11673-DC-Concerts-Examiner~y2009m5d24-Papa-Roach-shines-before-the-downpour-at-the-DC-101-Chili-Cookoff

8. Moderator

May 25

kimsy54321 wrote:
    Hi guys please check out my recap of the DC 101 Chili Cook-off and spread the word to other fans on twitter, facebook, myspace etc. Please be sure to copy the entire link below!

that picture had to have been taken like, directly over my head. lol
    anddd I believe the term is tweeted not twittered :DD haha peeve!

man it was so hot that day.

Get the latest from Papa Roach!