Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 20

Those of you going to the Evansville show tonight, head on back here after the show and post up your review of the show!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 21

Def will, hopefully have lots of pics n vids.

2. Moderator

RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 21

so guys..what's your opinion about the venue?? Haha

3. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 22

I thought the venue was absolutely horrible but when it comes to seeing papa roach, I'll watch them no matter how shitty the venue is. The show was amazing, I'm just now getting home from it. My ears are still ringing and I am going to have a serious bangover tomorrow. Got to the venue at about 5:15, sorry Kelly and Lacey by the way, we never get to see eachother at the shows because I always show up last minute lol sorryyy. But anyway once we got in we managed to get up to about 7 rows of people from the stage. I was not into the opening bands at all besides calling corners, they were pretty good. I was so ready for papa roach to come on it felt like it took them ages to start their set. But like always they completely blew me away. I Had already lost my
    voice by the end of the second song. I loved them opening with GAWM, I really wish they would have played burn and she loves me not but their setlist was still bad ass nonetheless. Jacoby gave his all tonight like he always does, he even had to take a little breather before they played forever it looked like. You could really tell at the end of the show that he was blown away by how awesome the crowd was, pointing to his heart and saying thank you and it looked like he was almost on the verge of tears. It was a truly awesome thing to see and I've never witnessed something like that at any other p roach show I've been to. Just goes to show how much we mean to these guys, it was awesome to see. Even though I was seven rows back I had my hands up at the end of the show and was bowing to Jacoby and he gave me a bow back, that was really awesome of him. Great band, great group of guys, couldn't of asked for a better night regardless of the shitty venue. But the epicness of the show made up for that.

4. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 22

I was not into the opening bands either. I was strictly there to see PAPA ROACH! The venue....I've never been to Woody's before and maybe if it wasn't so hot, it would be an alright venue. I thank Papa Roach for making a stop in Evansville. The show.....like most bands, they want that intense, dramatic build up before the guys take the stage. I was hoping the guys would be on stage at 9:30 but it was closer to ten. GAWM is an awesome song to start with and get the crowd going. Jacoby's energy was sky high like always. I missed Jacoby running through the crowd, which he has done at every show I have been to before this one. I had a hard time seeing Jerry though. Maybe get him to stand up on a box for longer than a few seconds. In all, the guys rocked! I love the music, the guys and the energy they put out during every show. Keep rockin!!!!!!

5. Moderator

May 22

welp..after getting home at 4:30am from the Fort Wayne show, we got up early to go another 3 hours to Evansville. we pull up to this JANK tent next to some burned down building in an industrialish area next to train tracks. we're like uhh..really?? but there were a bunch of kids out waiting early! saw some familiar roaches ;] which was nice! cept when it started pouring for a few minutes [loved the awesome PR umbrellas by the way!]

the VIP was awesome..it was later than it shoulda been, and because the venue couldn't soundcheck properly and such. we got to hear some new songs [omg so good!] there were some funny conversations going on with everyone in there..and then well...*sigh* Jacoby...as we went to go talk to them, Jacoby was already taking his pants off, for his idea for our pic. the day before, we jumped in our pic cuz I wanted something really cheesy...I'm thinking Jacoby wanted to top that..and he did. lol down went his pants and red went my face. then someone said something about lets all point at his junk or something...so that's how that happened. hahaha. I'm pretty scarred for life now guys ;)

during the show, I was really happy that people were filing in for hours non stop. there were so many people and it was awesome. the sound was a little ehh.. Jacoby had a bit of a chipmunk tone to him and I don't know what but there was just something off about the sound...it's probably because we were under a circus tent and they were having the soundcheck issues earlier in the day. there was a cool little cover band of high school kids that played while people were coming in and they weren't horrible, which was nice.

we sat at merch with Ray, Justin, and Freddie the whole night. there was SO much smoke and the sound was SO loud echoing under the tent, we couldn't stand up toward the front. [we did for a few minutes but I wanted to die so we went back] the crowd was one of the more interesting crowds I'd ever seen at a rock show. there were people of alllll ages, which was awesome, and then there were college kids that hardly knew the music and only wanted to get totally smashed. there was a couple near us that made out literally the entire time and then sat down for the second half of PR's set...and then there was a group of smashed college kids that were grinding together and lifting their dresses up to their belly buttons. I saw so much of this girl's ass/crotch/etc, I almost went over and told her to get some respect for herself...but it was just too funny and sad.

Highlights of the show:
    -pants on the ground, Jacoby style
    -hanging out with Ray, Justin, and Freddie
    -studio versions of new songs!
    -kick in the teeth!
    -Tobin was in a super goofy mood so he was dancing and moving around extra
    -getting to see a bunch of you guys again!

6. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 23

what do you mean with studio versions of new songs?

7. Moderator

May 23

DavidTV wrote:

the official finished product of the recorded songs..the ones that'll be on the new album. They played us Burn and one other one that I don't remember the title of..but it was about a sex addict lol

8. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 23

i wanna hear at least a little sneak preview of the new songs...makes me jealous to hear that you people already heard it... :( next time please ask them to put previews up ;)

9. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 23

I too thought the sound was off, especially during "Forever".

10. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 23

Thank you for coming back to Evansville! We loved when they played ar Roberts Stadium awhile back. My hubby couldn't make it this time, so I brought my six year old daughter (who knows all of the lyrics to Scars and is a HUGE FAN!). This was also my first time at Woody's, and I have to say that even though it was smokier than I am used to, being that close to the band was AMAZING!!! So much better of an experience than being up in the nose bleeds at Robert's Stadium. If there is any place to post pics, I would love to share a few that I took. P.S. please tell the merchandise guy that let us bum a pair of ear plugs off of him - THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I had no idea that it'd be that loud : )!!!

11. Moderator

May 23

Nikki, you can post your pictures here in this thread if you'd like! the guys read these threads and I'm sure would love to see the pix, as would the other people at the show :)

I think you were standing near me for a while...was your daughter playing a pink Nintendo DS for a little while? [I commented to my boyfriend that she's smart, I wished we had our video games during the opening bands too!] she was adorable.

12. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 24

I loved everything about the show! The venue was good, I liked that it was small, putting us closer to the band. Hard to find parking spaces, though, and it did get pretty hot under the tent. I got over-heated and had to leave a little early, thought I was going to pass out. I think it was their last song, though, so I didn't miss much. I thought the sound was better at the begining of PRs run. Something changed toward the end, and it got harder to understand what he was singing. Well, that, or my ear drums finally ruptured :P. Regardless, it was awesome! Loved the new song! The guys in the band were so funny! I forgot my camera, so my sister was taking pictures for me. I'd point at the guys when I wanted her to take a picture. Both Tobin and Jerry made faces at us for the pictures. The security guy right in front of the stage kept doing these unhinged-jaw yawns!! Pretty funny. Great concert, guys!!

13. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 24

haha busta i believe you got the best VIP pic of us all =D.

the show was absolutely amazing....like always! set list was fantastic!

the venue was NOT so great.....i never experienced a concert under a circus tent before lol.

i had a blast hangin with all the roach girls before the show.....met up with devan, dray, gina and rachel.

VIP was awesome.....got to hear 2 of the new songs ;)
    the guys were crackin me upppp the whole time.

14. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 24

Going to try to post a picture, hope this works...

Photobucket

15. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 24

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

16. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 24

does someone have a clip from the new songs that you got to hear? maybe you recorded something ^^ *hoping* xD i wanna hear it, too...cant wait ^^

17. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 24

After traveling across 5 states to see Papa Roach in Evansville, we pulled up to the venue and I thought, "You've got to be kidding me". Couldn't imagine how this show was going to turn out but as always Papa Roach melted faces! Show was absolutely amazing and so was the VIP meet and greet before the show. If you have the opportunity to do VIP I highly recommend it. It's worth every $. Despite the problems of the venue Papa Roach gave it their all as always and rocked one song after another. Kick in the Teeth was awesome , can't wait for the CD! So far I have heard 3 of the new songs and they all rock. The only down side of the night was waiting through the opening bands, that was torture. So great to meet Kelli and Lacey my roach girls from IN. We rocked with Papa Roach in Evansville and again at ROTR the next day. Couldn't ask for a better weekend!

18. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 24

a few pics from the show =]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and this one is when jacoby was up on the 'plastic barricade' in front of me.
    Photobucket

19. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 24

Busta wrote:
    DavidTV wrote:

the official finished product of the recorded songs..the ones that'll be on the new album. They played us Burn and one other one that I don't remember the title of..but it was about a sex addict lol

dude for the life of me i can't remember what the 2nd song was called either!!!! we all were discussing it in our hotel room...tryin to guess what it was called lol.....the song was pretty amazing though!

20. RE: Evansville, IN; May 21, 2010

May 24

WKUchris wrote:
    I thought the venue was absolutely horrible but when it comes to seeing papa roach, I'll watch them no matter how shitty the venue is. The show was amazing, I'm just now getting home from it. My ears are still ringing and I am going to have a serious bangover tomorrow. Got to the venue at about 5:15, sorry Kelly and Lacey by the way, we never get to see eachother at the shows because I always show up last minute lol sorryyy. But anyway once we got in we managed to get up to about 7 rows of people from the stage. I was not into the opening bands at all besides calling corners, they were pretty good. I was so ready for papa roach to come on it felt like it took them ages to start their set. But like always they completely blew me away. I Had already lost my
    voice by the end of the second song. I loved them opening with GAWM, I really wish they would have played burn and she loves me not but their setlist was still bad ass nonetheless. Jacoby gave his all tonight like he always does, he even had to take a little breather before they played forever it looked like. You could really tell at the end of the show that he was blown away by how awesome the crowd was, pointing to his heart and saying thank you and it looked like he was almost on the verge of tears. It was a truly awesome thing to see and I've never witnessed something like that at any other p roach show I've been to. Just goes to show how much we mean to these guys, it was awesome to see. Even though I was seven rows back I had my hands up at the end of the show and was bowing to Jacoby and he gave me a bow back, that was really awesome of him. Great band, great group of guys, couldn't of asked for a better night regardless of the shitty venue. But the epicness of the show made up for that.

ahhhh i know...i was bummed that we didn't get to meet! you should have came earlier and hung out in line with all the roaches. i did see you in line..i was going to go say 'hi' but it was about the same time they were getting ready to let us in. we'll deffo have to meet up at another show.

Get the latest from Papa Roach!