Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 08

Those of you going to the Toronto show tonight, head on back here after the show and post up your review of the show!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 09

they put on a great show even with the rain! got there early before the venue even opened was first in line! got rained on early in the day! then the show after hinder came on got delayed cause of the rain! so they had to postpone the show unless anyone stayed! the storm was crazy! i hate storms...

they did a great job got most of the crowd rocking! i wish people were more into it tho! being surrounded by nickleback fans scared me a bit and i mean hardcore nickleback fans!

i love when they play old stuff! i wish they would headline here!

and i wish they played into the light! would have loved to have heard jerry do the solo!

none the less great show as always!

2. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 10

They were amazing!!, as usual. I know its not supposed to be good when a band plays early but we're lucky they did cause that storm was freaking crazy! But did anyone notice that Nickelback fans would NOT stand for Papa Roach?! I'm happy Coby's guilt treatment worked haha. I got the people in front of me up, and the people I was with. But before that I was the only one in my whole section of people up and screaming!!

3. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 10

Funny thing is I think I saw you there...Do you have black hair now? There was a girl there totally rocking out having a blast just beside us a little ways....I saw that some Nickleback fans were totally not digging at all...LOL...I say Rock On.

I am new to this and infact a new fan. Last night I was TOTALLY won over. I never knew that Papa Roach was like that. I will admit I knew some of the songs, but today I went out and bought all the albums because I loved them so much. They put on a great show and could be a headliner for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep rocking!!!

Heather

4. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 10

omg nickelback fans in the pit were making fun of me! for the longest time then when proach came on they all started to get excited what asses!! haha! im sure they won over alot of people yesterday!

i hate when people sit down thats what happened when i saw them at cruefest last year i was the only one standing in my section!

oh well still a great show! im so happy they were able to play before the storm!

5. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 10

Skunker wrote:
    Funny thing is I think I saw you there...Do you have black hair now? There was a girl there totally rocking out having a blast just beside us a little ways....I saw that some Nickleback fans were totally not digging at all...LOL...I say Rock On.

I am new to this and infact a new fan. Last night I was TOTALLY won over. I never knew that Papa Roach was like that. I will admit I knew some of the songs, but today I went out and bought all the albums because I loved them so much. They put on a great show and could be a headliner for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep rocking!!!

Heather

That's exactly how it was for me when I saw them. I was TOTALLY won over. I never knew Papa Roach was so rockin' I am now a new fan but am totally hooked. I will see them this Sunday at a club with Hinder before they go to Birmingham, Alabama to play the show with Nickelback. I too am so excited about them headlining.

~Laura

6. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 10

I received the following email in my inbox today and I'd thought I'd pass it on to those of you that attended the Toronto show.

Dear Customer:

Due to extreme weather conditions, Nickelback's show at the Molson Amphitheatre on Sunday August 9th was unfortunately cancelled.

All tickets purchased by internet and phone will receive an automatic credit to the purchasing card, no action is required.

Refunds will be seen on your next credit card statement. Refunds do not include Ticketfast or Courier fees.

All tickets purchased in person must be returned to point of purchase.

Thank You

Ticketmaster Customer Service

It seems since Nickelback was unable to perform the other night, they have decided to give concertgoers their money back. I know that alot of you on the PR message boards could care less about NB playing, but you have the chance to get your money back even though you saw PR play. So look at it this way: you were able to see the boys for free.

Hope this helps someone!

7. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 10

I know several of my friends were at the show last night and enjoyed Papa Roach, but were really bummed about Nickelback. It's too bad they couldn't find another date that could work for the venue and the band.

8. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 10

i feel bad for nickelback fans yeah i got that email too! for there sake i wish they would just redo the show!

i mean its nice that i saw them for free and all but all the other people must be so bummed! if it were a proach show i would be bloody pissed cause i would sell my soul for proach!

9. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 10

Nickelback will probably make up this show after they are done with this leg of the tour in mid-september. They will probably have to change the venue though, since most outside shows stop in early fall. Since they are refunding people their money, that's what I'm thinking that they will do. NB will not want to piss off their fans in Toronto since they are Canadians themselves, and they will try to make it up to all of those people that waited out in the storm to see them.

I just wonder if they make it up, will they still get Saving Abel, PR, and Hinder back on or will they just grab a few random bands?

10. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 10

kaos_girl101 wrote:
    Nickelback will probably make up this show after they are done with this leg of the tour in mid-september. They will probably have to change the venue though, since most outside shows stop in early fall. Since they are refunding people their money, that's what I'm thinking that they will do. NB will not want to piss off their fans in Toronto since they are Canadians themselves, and they will try to make it up to all of those people that waited out in the storm to see them.

I just wonder if they make it up, will they still get Saving Abel, PR, and Hinder back on or will they just grab a few random bands?

i would totally go again if it were the same opening bands but they are refunding the money so the people who travelled and everything paid so much and get very little back in return! they will have to find a way to make up for it!

11. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 12

This show was fucking amazing!! It's too bad the crowd sucked so much ass...the floor was brutal. It's like no one even cared! But o well...I had my chance to rock out, lose myself, and have a great fucking time! I can't wait till they headline...I hope they come back! I love singing along with Coby and Jerry...and I got a pcik finally after the fourth time seeing them haha! The last time I got hit in the head with Jerry's pick but the security guard picked it up and gave it to someone else...grrr...so this time I was determined to get it and I did! It was cool to finally meet you mannie! I wrote a blog about the show for more details ;)

Honestly...I know it would suck if it happened to me...but when I heard that NB cancelled and shit I laughed! I thought the fans were shitty so...ya...and plus we get our money back and we left right after proach...woot woot! It's like...the biggest fuck you to NB ever! Sorry but I think its funny!

12. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 12

sixxersworld wrote:
    This show was fucking amazing!! It's too bad the crowd sucked so much ass...the floor was brutal. It's like no one even cared! But o well...I had my chance to rock out, lose myself, and have a great fucking time! I can't wait till they headline...I hope they come back! I love singing along with Coby and Jerry...and I got a pcik finally after the fourth time seeing them haha! The last time I got hit in the head with Jerry's pick but the security guard picked it up and gave it to someone else...grrr...so this time I was determined to get it and I did! It was cool to finally meet you mannie! I wrote a blog about the show for more details ;)

haha it is funny but i wouldnt want it to be done to me!!! same right back at ya! show was awesome! i want a jerry pick lol someday! i got a hinder pick its green loL!
    Honestly...I know it would suck if it happened to me...but when I heard that NB cancelled and shit I laughed! I thought the fans were shitty so...ya...and plus we get our money back and we left right after proach...woot woot! It's like...the biggest fuck you to NB ever! Sorry but I think its funny!

13. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 13

I wouldn't want it done to me either but the NB fans were utter shit so they deserved it in my opinion :P The Jerry pick I got was just a plain grey one...but it's all scratched up so it's pretty cool :P

14. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 14

New member here,my first post.
    I was also at the concert(at the rail)and very much enjoyed Papa Roach.Before the concert I had to put a bunch of their stuff on my Ipod so at least I'd be familiar with the music.Was looking forward to seeing them and must say that it won't be my last PR concert.Went out and bought some CD's yesterday,and really am kicking myself for joining this party so late.I too noticed the crowd a little dull,but not our little section though where I was.

I was there for NB,sorry guys big fan of their's too,and still disappointed our show got cancelled,but Papa Roach made it not so bad.Looking forward to show #2 someday.

15. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 14

Papa Roach kicked ass as usual.....you could definitely tell who was there for PRoach right from the first song.......My friend and I were in the pit, rockin our asses off from the first note......getting some pretty weird looks from the nickleback fans....LOL

I feel bad for them that Nickleback could not go on due to the Lightening. I have worked as a sound engineer and it is very dangerous when the lightening is that bad.

I emailed Live Nation and was told yes full refunds are being issued, and if the date is rescheduled, we as current ticket holders will have a pre-sale all to ourselves for the next show!

Can't wait for PRoach's headlining tour.....the guys better be makin a stop in Toronto!!! I am dying to hear "Crash" live!!!

16. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Aug 14

Torontofan wrote:
    New member here,my first post.
    I was also at the concert(at the rail)and very much enjoyed Papa Roach.Before the concert I had to put a bunch of their stuff on my Ipod so at least I'd be familiar with the music.Was looking forward to seeing them and must say that it won't be my last PR concert.Went out and bought some CD's yesterday,and really am kicking myself for joining this party so late.I too noticed the crowd a little dull,but not our little section though where I was.

I was there for NB,sorry guys big fan of their's too,and still disappointed our show got cancelled,but Papa Roach made it not so bad.Looking forward to show #2 someday.

never be sorry to like what you like! im not a NB fan but i feel bad for those that are cause that must suck royally!

17. RE: Toronto, ON; August 9, 2009

Sep 22

I'm still talking about PR and the amazing time I had at their show.I just loved the energy they put out and the tunes were great too!!!

I didn't get to see(hear)the Highway To Hell cover cause mother nature had different plans for us,lol I've had to resort to youtube for that one.I'm definetly gonna go to more PR shows,just waiting on some dates close to home.

Thanks to the members of PR,sorry I'm so late!

Newsletter Signup