Moderator

Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

Dec 11

Those of you going to the Cedar Rapids show tonight, head on back here after the show and post up your review of the show!


x~o
Busta!

Replies to This Posting

  1. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 13

    Sick Show Tonight! And Jacoby annouced that the show was being recorded for a live album out next year!!
    Here's the setlist for Papa Roach

    1.Getting Away With Murder
    2....To Be Loved
    3.Lifeline
    4.Scars
    5.I Almost Told You That I Loved You
    6.Born With Nothing, Die With Everything
    7.Had Enough (Jacoby had to stop in the middle because of a fight in the crowd, then restarted)
    8.Hollywood Whore
    9.Into The Light
    10.Time In Running Out
    11.Dead Cell
    12.Forever
    13.Between Angels and Insects
    14.Last Resort

  2. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 13

    That fight, wasnt really a fight. I mean it was but wasnt.

    Those 2 people that got kicked out, were the ones in the RIGHT. Thats what pissed him off. The cops were being fucking retarded tonight, i watched them hog-tie an OLDER lady and an OLDER man who werent doing ANYTHING wrong in the front lobby..

    It was insane.


    Great show as always.

    Met Jerry & tony out back. Jerry is officially a creeper in my book, the guy got up RIGHT behind me an smiled like the damn cheshire cat LOL. Tony signed my umm Iphone cover. Like an Idiot I forgot to have Jerry sign it, too. Got pics, though. The rest I wont say because im just sad by that part, but, whatever.

    A Few guys I know (also on the boards) went to a lil afterparty thing, but from what Ive heard it really wasnt anything. And honestly, considering I wasnt drinking, and it was so damn cold outside TO drink, i didnt miss much.

  3. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 13

    This was the FIRST concert that I have ever been to
    I must say I was amazed...I didn't think it'd be that good, but I was wrong. It would've been sweet if I could've gotten a signature or something, but at least I got a guitar pick....Thank you VERY much for letting my first concert experience be an amazing one!

  4. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 13

    The VIP acoustic performance was the coolest thing ever! We got to meet the band, take pictures and chill for a bit! Jacoby was jumping on the conference room table trying to break it. These guys are so down to earth and cool! I loved it.

    The show was kick ass! P-Roach is super energetic and had the whole house rocking out!

  5. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 14

    I left this show EXTREMELY upset. It is very bad when I can't even enjoy a show where 2 of my favorite bands are playing. Now, before you get any ideas, let me clear this up.

    The performances were amazing, as always. Halestorm kicks ass, Shinedown was on fire, and Papa Roach, well, there is nothing better.

    What I am upset about is how the crowd was acting. There is a difference between rocking out and being just flat out ignorant. When someone who has obviously been drinking comes up to you in the front row and says hey move and let me stand in the front row for a song or I'm going to punch you with this cast on my broken arm - that is total ignorance and BS.

    For Jacoby to actually have to stop half way through a song - that is bad. And for Brent from Shinedown to ask twice for people to back up - and still nothing happened - that is bad.

    This by far was the WORST crowd I have ever had to deal with at a concert. So to all of you who were the ignorant ones, F$%*^ you, and if you want to be in the front row of a concert, get there earlier.

    On a good note, Jacoby's performance of I Almost Told You That I Loved You was one of the best I've seen yet.

  6. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 14

    The Concert was amazing!!! First Time I've been in the pit, and it was extremely cool! I was front row, and Jerry was right in front of me. The crowd was pretty rough. The singer from Shinedown said the crowd needed to back up cause they were killin us up front. (He threatened to end the show the first time) During the show, Jerry asked me if I was alright. (Even he could see how outta control things were) But I thought it was FUN! I'll deal with the bruises, cuz that was the best night EVER!

    We didn't get to do sound-check, because the guys were warming up with Shinedown. But they brought us up to an empty hotel room and did an acoustic show for all the VIPs. It was awesome! (They did scars, lifeline, and forever) Jacoby jumped on the chair next to me, and tried to break a table that was across from me. Apparently, he secretly wants to become a wrestler. I talked with the guys, and they were very funny and sweet. Got some stuff signed, waited for all the other VIPs, then hugged Jerry on the way out. Then I headed to the concert,

    Jacoby blew a kiss at me, and was singing to me, and Jerry was singing to me a bunch of times to. (Which he always does. I think it makes them happy knowing they have young fans that know every word to every song, and that just enjoy to be around them)

    Um, met Jerry outside by the buses. I was extremely glad! I got the chance to talk to him one on one for a while. He is SUCH a sweet-heart!

    All in all, it was a fantastic show. The guys all sounded amazing (as usual) definitely the best night of my young life!!

    __________________________________________
    "They tried to say we'd be nothin. They only said it just keep us down. But they can't hold me down. They keep runnin' their mouths, and saying somethin' that I don't need to Hear."

  7. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 14

    best night of my life dude! haha!

    seriously. it was amaze. from the meet and greet to after the show it was epic.

    except for the being completely smashed inbetween people and some chick grinding on my and her hair in my face the whole show. other than that it was pretty awesome.

    even Jerry was like, "You looked a little smushed" to me and my friend haha.

    I really hope those meet and greet pics are up soon. it's driving me nuts that they're not up yet! ahh!

    but yeah. if I could've gotten a pic with Tobin and Jacoby it would've been even more amazing, but hey, I'm not complaining.

    rock on, PR! :D

  8. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 14

    ^haha yeah but at least Jerry was a nice creeper outside to us :-P


    Wow reading you guys' comments


    I have to say, ive been to the cell center for the last 11 years of my life, and i actually thought the crowd was decent!

    That venue (to me anyway) has always been a rough one. I am used to SO much more there, i guess this was nothing to me.


    Sorry if that was a giant shock to people though. I guess im just used to the abuse :)

  9. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 16

    Change or Die ??????

  10. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 16

    Freaking insane....worst crowd ever....was in the pit in the front and got smashed so many times I couldn't fucking breathe. Eventually I had to be pulled out...because I had my 15 year old son with me who was having a hard time. Still loved the show cause they always kick ass. Did the VIP and thought it was the best VIP I have ever experienced with a band. They are so cool and down to earth and LOVED listening to them play acoustic. This was my 7th time seeing them in the past year--and I just became a fan of them from 7/08 and seeing them at Cruefest in Chicago. I will and have traveled as far as 4 1/2 hours to see PR and will continue to do so as long as I can afford it! ROCK ON!!!

  11. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 17

    India wrote:
    ^haha yeah but at least Jerry was a nice creeper outside to us :-P


    this is true. he's so awesome haha.

    the crowd was a little rough, but meh. you kinda expect that at a PR show. to me, anyway.

    I do have to say though, it was a lot rougher and crazier than their Des Moines show last month, and that's a good and a bad thing.

  12. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 21

    honestly I think a 15 year old should be able to put up with rough crowds, or they dont need to be on the floor. Im a chick, and ive been going to shows MYSELF at arenas since i was 12. You learn to deal with it.


    And yeah, Val-air was rough but not this rough. My only gripe about Val-air was the security by the buses (whom I learned got FIRED after the PR show for telling PR fans to fuck off) - and of course the drink that ruined my camera lol

  13. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 29

    India wrote:
    honestly I think a 15 year old should be able to put up with rough crowds, or they dont need to be on the floor.


    Right on sister!!! xD
    __________________________________________
    "They tried to say we'd be nothin. They only said it just keep us down. But they can't hold me down. They keep runnin' their mouths, and saying somethin' that I don't need to Hear."

  14. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Dec 29

    haha. this concert was crazy. especialy the wall of death xD. this was the 5th time i seen p.r and i cant wait to see them againn :D

  15. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Jan 25

    All the time I spend on this site I can't believe I have missed this area to comment on the concert from Dec 12. Sorry my Cedar Rapids friends!
    This show In Cedar rapids was the best Rock and Roll evening ever!!
    Of the hundreds of shows I have been to this is like the "high point" of concerts for me. The VIP'ers were true Papa Roach fans from Cedar Rapids and some out of towners. It has been wonderful talking with so many of you from the show.
    I will write more later your Cedar Rapid Roaches!

  16. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Jan 26

    Sirscootscoot wrote:
    Sick Show Tonight! And Jacoby annouced that the show was being recorded for a live album out next year!!
    Here's the setlist for Papa Roach

    1.Getting Away With Murder
    2....To Be Loved
    3.Lifeline
    4.Scars
    5.I Almost Told You That I Loved You
    6.Born With Nothing, Die With Everything
    7.Had Enough (Jacoby had to stop in the middle because of a fight in the crowd, then restarted)
    8.Hollywood Whore
    9.Into The Light
    10.Time In Running Out
    11.Dead Cell
    12.Forever
    13.Between Angels and Insects
    14.Last Resort

    Thanks for the song list! I was a little surprised that the concert in Cedar Rapids started with GAWM. I had been to a concert in St Paul on Nov 5th and they started with Days of War and Change or Die. This start was almost magical, perfect you might say. It was the best start to a concert ever! The energy was amazing! I have read Blogs on our site about the power of Days and War and Change or die as a great start to the concert, I agree!!
    What's up with no Oncore??? The crowd didn't have the energy to get Papa Roach back??

  17. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Jan 27

    India wrote:
    That fight, wasnt really a fight. I mean it was but wasnt.

    Those 2 people that got kicked out, were the ones in the RIGHT. Thats what pissed him off. The cops were being fucking retarded tonight, i watched them hog-tie an OLDER lady and an OLDER man who werent doing ANYTHING wrong in the front lobby..

    It was insane.


    Great show as always.

    Met Jerry & tony out back. Jerry is officially a creeper in my book, the guy got up RIGHT behind me an smiled like the damn cheshire cat LOL. Tony signed my umm Iphone cover. Like an Idiot I forgot to have Jerry sign it, too. Got pics, though. The rest I wont say because im just sad by that part, but, whatever.

    A Few guys I know (also on the boards) went to a lil afterparty thing, but from what Ive heard it really wasnt anything. And honestly, considering I wasnt drinking, and it was so damn cold outside TO drink, i didnt miss much.


    Hey India! you are so cool! I am so sorry I didn't get to hook up with you at the concert. It is so hard to move around once you get inside and get a spot at the rail, I didn't wana leave for any reason !!
    Thank you so much for all the really cool things you helped me with since the concert!! It has been really fun talking and working with you on several projects!
    When I read your comments on one of the fights I was surprised to hear you talking about an Older couple? I think I'll call you about this one. There was a really great older couple at the VIP event from the Chicago area that I would love to hook up with. They were great Roaches fans and newly weds!! I left a message for them on there picture from the Vip event but have not seen them on the site.
    I hope the problems weren't with them?
    Ya, there was a few fights and some dumb shit going on but the crowd wasn't to bad at all ! (It is also relative to where you were In that crowd! )
    I laughed my ass off about your comments of hooking up with Jerry and Tony after the show. You were talking about Jerry being a "creeper" I guess this doesn't surprise me after looking at all of the VIP pictures. He has " Smiled like a Cheshire cat" at a lot of the attractive lady Roach fans.( Kinda funny) I guess I would too!! I kind of like lady's and would do the same if there 40+ to 55?
    Its hard to tell India, I hope Jerry wasn't to big of a creeper?
    Ya, it was a cold night, while the party was going on I was making the long drive home. The bad thing was the weather, raining and freezing roads, getting lost leaving Waterloo and having a 7 hour drive home!!! But it was all wortlh it! Papa Roach and Cedar Rapids Rocks!
    Take care India!!!! Keep Rock and Roll alive!

  18. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Jan 27

    KHupp wrote:
    This was the FIRST concert that I have ever been to
    I must say I was amazed...I didn't think it'd be that good, but I was wrong. It would've been sweet if I could've gotten a signature or something, but at least I got a guitar pick....Thank you VERY much for letting my first concert experience be an amazing one!


    Fucking WOW, this is your first concert? Cool dude!!! I have been to hundreds of concerts, KHupp!! You may have seen the best concert you will ever go to!! This is my favorite concert of the last 40 years! Papa Roach was amazing!! Don't miss a chance to see PR and do the VIP event! I have all of my Papa Roach CD's ( and other things) signed by the guys!!
    I have had great talks with Jacoby and the guys and gotten hugs from all of them during the VIP events!! There is nothing better than to be able to talk to the guys who make your favorite music right!!
    They are so good to the fans!!
    Keep Rocking KHupp!!! I hope you will always remeber the show!

  19. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Jan 28

    babybate wrote:
    The VIP acoustic performance was the coolest thing ever! We got to meet the band, take pictures and chill for a bit! Jacoby was jumping on the conference room table trying to break it. These guys are so down to earth and cool! I loved it.

    The show was kick ass! P-Roach is super energetic and had the whole house rocking out!


    You are so right Babybate!! The VIP acoustic was the coolest things ever!! I was really surprised that Jacoby jumped on that table!! What a clown! Funny, but my first thought was, I hope Jacoby didn't get fucked up so they couldn't play tonight !!! I guess you call that a panic attack!! They guys were all great!! The crowd was all great!!
    It was so nice to meet you and your hubby and so many great Roach fans that day!! Thanks for sharing the rail and the evening! It has been great talking with you since the concert!!
    Rock on Babybate!!
    See you at the next concert!! Take care girl !!!

  20. RE: Cedar Rapids, IA; Dec 12, 2009

    Jan 28

    lagunajt76 wrote:
    I left this show EXTREMELY upset. It is very bad when I can't even enjoy a show where 2 of my favorite bands are playing. Now, before you get any ideas, let me clear this up.

    The performances were amazing, as always. Halestorm kicks ass, Shinedown was on fire, and Papa Roach, well, there is nothing better.

    What I am upset about is how the crowd was acting. There is a difference between rocking out and being just flat out ignorant. When someone who has obviously been drinking comes up to you in the front row and says hey move and let me stand in the front row for a song or I'm going to punch you with this cast on my broken arm - that is total ignorance and BS.

    For Jacoby to actually have to stop half way through a song - that is bad. And for Brent from Shinedown to ask twice for people to back up - and still nothing happened - that is bad.

    This by far was the WORST crowd I have ever had to deal with at a concert. So to all of you who were the ignorant ones, F$%*^ you, and if you want to be in the front row of a concert, get there earlier.

    On a good note, Jacoby's performance of I Almost Told You That I Loved You was one of the best I've seen yet.


    I feel bad that you had left the concert so upset. I hope since then the great memories of this concert are what you think of. It is so relative to where you were at when the shit gets out of control and ugly. Yes, I agree with you, however this is Rock and Roll. None of us fans wants to have some drunk ass hole moving towards the front when they feel like it!! Ya, get there early you ass holes, like the rest of us who are up front!! I have been to hundreds of concerts and seen a whole lot of shit, and been in the middle of some of that ignorant shit!! However.....
    I think this crowd was better than so many of the concerts I have been to. Yes, there were a few fights, however the crowd wasn't that bad. There have been a few other comments stating this. India is Rock and roll, and street smart, and has stated her comments almost the same as I have.
    I hope all is well with you? Keep Rocking!
    This concert was Papa Roach at there finest!!! Cedar Rapids Rocks!

Newsletter Signup